• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'd rather keep my 2 monitor setups than one ultra wide, I think.

A number of folks I work with have the ultra wides, and some have additional monitors beyond the ultra. I myself have not tried it so I can't say for sure.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'd rather keep my 2 monitor setups than one ultra wide, I think.

A number of folks I work with have the ultra wides, and some have additional monitors beyond the ultra. I myself have not tried it so I can't say for sure.

For work I absolutely need my dual monitor setup. Two 24" monitors works pretty well for my needs, though I wish I could get 27" or larger. The more screen space available the better :yesway:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    For work I absolutely need my dual monitor setup. Two 24" monitors works pretty well for my needs, though I wish I could get 27" or larger. The more screen space available the better :yesway:
    I have two. One horizontal and one vertical. Too many things don't work well with a wide screen and need a taller one instead.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have a two monitor setup at work and a 27" at home. I like the single larger monitor better. But I wouldn't mind going to a curved 32". I don't think I would care too much for an ultra wide. I value vertical space too.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've done both over the years. Currently have a 2 x 27 setup that works great. I prefer to dual monitors. I have them set at a bit of an angle to each other, so that I look at each straight on. I use one as "workspace" and the other as the "launchpad" with IM, Outlook, etc.. always up. This also let's me share just one screen when presenting, rather than the whole computer, or even just a single app window. I can drag things in/out of the shared screen easily. All my notifications pop up on the primary monitor, and so don't show on the shared/presenting screen (pet peeve of mine, is seeing everyone's IM and email notifications while they present).

Back when I did a ton more technical writing and instructional design, I had one vertical, like KLB. Nice to fit an entire printed page on a screen, without scrolling, and without squinting.

Of course, INGO is running on its own laptop.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I never really liked having two monitors, especially when gaming...much prefer one wide screen?

Gaming would be different, but I don't game on PC.

I've done both over the years. Currently have a 2 x 27 setup that works great. I prefer to dual monitors. I have them set at a bit of an angle to each other, so that I look at each straight on. I use one as "workspace" and the other as the "launchpad" with IM, Outlook, etc.. always up. This also let's me share just one screen when presenting, rather than the whole computer, or even just a single app window. I can drag things in/out of the shared screen easily. All my notifications pop up on the primary monitor, and so don't show on the shared/presenting screen (pet peeve of mine, is seeing everyone's IM and email notifications while they present).

Back when I did a ton more technical writing and instructional design, I had one vertical, like KLB. Nice to fit an entire printed page on a screen, without scrolling, and without squinting.

Of course, INGO is running on its own laptop.

Agreed, I use my secondary monitor in the same fashion, and share out the secondary monitor in calls/meetings, etc.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    2x 27" 4k color calibrated displays at work. Haven't spent the $$ for good displays at home yet. Also haven't done PC gaming since my counter strike days on a 17" trinitron.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Netflix slowly approaching a wall on pricing.

With all these streaming services coming out, and more content going exclusive... We're just going to have... TV. Tons of channels (services) all over again.

Dxhkg1QWwAEwpXv.jpg:large

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    My wife is a TV junkie and that includes Netflix at just about any price. :(

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Netflix slowly approaching a wall on pricing.

With all these streaming services coming out, and more content going exclusive... We're just going to have... TV. Tons of channels (services) all over again.

Dxhkg1QWwAEwpXv.jpg:large

Sucks too. Every single content provider thinks their stuff is worth a $10 a month subscription price by itself, which is crap. It used to be the Netflix and Hulu Plus covered most of the bases, but I think I may have to go back to cable. Or stop watching TV cause F 'em.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sucks too. Every single content provider thinks their stuff is worth a $10 a month subscription price by itself, which is crap. It used to be the Netflix and Hulu Plus covered most of the bases, but I think I may have to go back to cable. Or stop watching TV cause F 'em.
    In the long run this is better. The price of TV will become transparent and instead of being angry at your TV provider of choice, customers will finally be angry at the right entity. But you are right, streaming TV is no longer a money saver and in many cases you get worse quality video and audio even if it is "4k" by some weird definition.

Top Bottom