• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So. For people who have the Switch, what do you think of it so far? I think we'll eventually get one, but I'm not in a hurry.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So. For people who have the Switch, what do you think of it so far? I think we'll eventually get one, but I'm not in a hurry.

Definitely wait. It just doesn't have enough games right now. Also not a fan of seeing so many indie mobile and PC ports going to it instead of polished Nintendo IPs.

Zelda BOTW is excellent. Wife has the most play-time at the moment. The console itself is definitely a big change from past Nintendo systems. You can tell it had a lot of influence from NVidia. Feels more like a PC of sorts.

It's snappy and responsive. Screen looks pretty decent in mobile mode, even at 720p. We mostly use it docked, though.

It's missing out on media applications like the Wii U had (Netflix, etc). Waiting for those to show up.

Controllers are surprisingly comfortable and usable. I did get the Pro Controller, though, which feels more like what I'm used to (sort of the XB/XB1 style).

I need to see some more ground-breaking, unique games before I can fully recommend it though. It does sound like some big developers are going to be focusing on it more in the near future... so it could be promising.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    No WOWS for me for a while. Lightning strike a while ago took out the motherboard. A+ says you must get a new computer, starting at $750. Alpha says we'll see. Took them a LONG time, but they found a motherboard that would work and put everything together, $250. Everything on the power strip was protected. Everything connected to the phone line got fried.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Speaking of Blizzard, our house recently got Overwatch (thanks for the insight, GP). Its really pretty fun. The balance is really good, and the learning curve is super-comfortable for anyone who's played any sort of tactical shooter. And the variety of characters and upgradeability is well done.

Reminds me of Team Fortress in some ways (maybe its the art).

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

**********s!

So this is interesting...

Rumor: Nintendo to Release SNES Mini This year

Speaking of Blizzard, our house recently got Overwatch (thanks for the insight, GP). Its really pretty fun. The balance is really good, and the learning curve is super-comfortable for anyone who's played any sort of tactical shooter. And the variety of characters and upgradeability is well done.

Reminds me of Team Fortress in some ways (maybe its the art).

Definitely similar to TF2 with regards to the game modes. While I won't discount TF2's character design and unique-ness... Overwatch goes above and beyond with character choices and design. Every "Hero" feels unique and special, and has that special layer of Blizzard polish. They're doing a great job of expanding the story and building on the universe they've created.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Definitely similar to TF2 with regards to the game modes. While I won't discount TF2's character design and unique-ness... Overwatch goes above and beyond with character choices and design. Every "Hero" feels unique and special, and has that special layer of Blizzard polish. They're doing a great job of expanding the story and building on the universe they've created.

Yeah, I didn't really get into Quake/TF, it seems like TF found the gold mine, but Blizzard made the crown.

Also, the idea of changing characters within the game was pretty brilliant. I don't remember that as part of TF, but it is an exceptional improvement for this kind of game - and somewhat counterintuitive.

Top Bottom