• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Most people are console because of the cost. When you can buy all 3 current-get consoles for the cost of the video card alone, you won't be getting many to jump ship. Even your lower tier card is the cost of the entire console, not including the rest of the PC

I do need a graphics card for my PC, but I'll always be a console gamer first. Sitting on the couch with a controller in my hand playing on the TV is more notalgic (I grew up with an NES) and always more enjoyable than even playing the same game on PC

I'll be buying a PS5 for that exact reason. I'm into gaming enough to justify the cost of a console, but not enough to care that I get enough of the diminishing returns to justify a $1500 video card + the rest of the cost of the PC. Like KLB, years ago I was into building my own PC's too, and I'd never have spent that much on a video card.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    PC Master Race indeed.

2kR4.gif

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yep, my pc is still running a 2gb 650 ssc. She’s getting old an due for an overhaul, but I mainly use it for iracing on a single monitor so it gets my 84 FPS and that’s all I need out of it. I can’t justify spending 1500 on a gpu that’s gonna need upgraded in 5-10 years when I can spend 500 on an entire console that’ll last that same time frame. I love pc gaming, but they’ve priced themselves out of the market for casual gamers.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I'll be skipping the PS5 (unless I can be convinced I 100% need it) since I put this together a couple weeks ago. I'm very happy with it so far!
    ugA3VRf.jpg

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Fired up some Fallout 4 on my xbox one 2 days ago. Ran into a glitch doing the nuka world add on and going to have to reload an older save and try again unless I find a mod that completes quests.

Nevermore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2018
    Somewhere
    Did I miss something? I am currently using my gaming PC I built myself for under $500 and it runs most games just fine with solid FPS? Isn't that a better market comparison to a console than a computer that is capable of rendering chicago in real time 4k resolution?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone able to purchase a PS5?

Coincidentally, my wife was looking for one tonight.

A few weeks ago a trucker walked in to my office late at night looking for an adjacent warehouse - he claimed he wanted a safe parking spot for the night because he had a load of PS5's.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My son was really pissed. He was sure he'd get one. I rolled my eyes. And then when he failed I consoled him. And by "consoled", I mean mocked him. And then he called me an ******* and we laughed. And by "we" I mean "I".

Seriously, it's just not gonna happen. He thought he could camp out on Walmart website and get one. Dude. He even had his mom camping out on a few other sites selling them, trying to score one. There are literally millions of people competing, college students like him, moms trying to score that perfect xmas gift. Not to mention businesses who order through Walmart's Commerce API so that they can score PS5's to sell on ebay for $900. The average schmuck doesn't stand a chance. An individual can't compete with the mob, and can't compete with computers making thousands of requests before the average schmuck can even fill out the form. It's like winning the lottery. I told my son, be patient. You'll probably be able to buy one sometime in the coming months. I was just wondering if anyone won the PS5 lottery.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Most of our widely-scattered family (Maryland to California) gets together for periodic gaming nights on Steam and Discord. Usually Age of Empires, sometimes Stardew Valley, occasionally Among Us. SWMBO hates Among Us, because she usually has to end up "killing" her kids (that's how she sees it). Among Us has taught me that our youngest son's default position is "sus."

Top Bottom