• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    06230914590.jpg

I wanna know how he climbs into that thing? Also, how slow does he have to go around turns? Think he has some good 44" tires to put on there or is he that retarded and left those factory on there?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Honestly though, they did not need to break the windows out, look at the direction of the hose, if anything they wasted some length of the fire hose by going through the van. Not to mention the "side" outlets on the hydrant. I am not saying it is OK to park in front of fire hydrants, but it was unnecessary. :twocents:
    The connection the hose is applied to on the hydrant is for a 5 inch hose. The side connections are for a 2.5 inch hose. Fire trucks generally have several hundred feet of 5 inch hose stored in the bed to be laid out from the hydrant to the direction of the fire and then connected to the truck to supply smaller hose which are then dragged inside to fight the fire. Any bends, angles or kinks in the hose greatly diminshes the amount of water available. Always use the straightest line possible.

Well...all that and it's just a lot more fun busting out the windows to some idiot's van parked by a hydrant. :D Personally...I used to just roll up in the truck and block the idiot in that was parked in the fire lane and make them wait hours before they could move their vehicle. :D That's why it says..."NO PARKING FIRE LANE". :):

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I wanna know how he climbs into that thing? Also, how slow does he have to go around turns? Think he has some good 44" tires to put on there or is he that retarded and left those factory on there?

I believe that they usually put the stock tires back on for transport. If it is on a flatbed with the big tires it is too tall. I have seen them on a flat bed like this, so it is just an educated guess :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom