Tropical Minnesota
    mO48zm9.jpg

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I have always felt that I was somewhat lacking in creativity, and pictures like this just reinforce that. Of course maybe that lack was for the better.

Many years ago I was at a very strange intersection in San Antonio where five or six streets come together. The whole intersection was blocked because there was a car sitting in the middle of it with two mattresses tied on top of the car… and one tied underneath it. There was smoke rolling out from under the car and the apparent occupants of the car were running around outside trying to untie the mattress on the bottom.

Unfortunately this was well before I had a camera equipped smart phone so I was unable to document this feat of cargo transportation. But it does remain a fond memory.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We jumped into Germany and our jeep was heavy dropped.

After several days of maneuvers we were driving on the Autobon and a guy was hanging out of a car next to us shouting fuer,fuer and pointing to our jeep. We had no idea what he meant, but pulled off the side and checked.

(When equipment is heavy dropped it is cushioned and packed with 2, 3 and 4 inch thick cardboard called honeycomb. When our driver derigged the vehicle he neglected to pull out the 3" piece that he had placed between the bottom of the jeep and the drive shaft.)

When we looked under it the cardboard was ablaze, so I grabbed the fire extinguisher and shot it at the flame, just as the Lt. was trying to kick it out from the other side. My now pink leutenant was not pleased.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom