WhatsApp-Image-2020-10-25-at-07.11.03.jpeg

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I got a free lab pup from a friend at work. A few months later he crawled under our Hummer and ate the main wiring loom in two. That ended up costing us $600 in repairs. That wasn't so bad in itself, but 3 weeks later he crawled back under our Hummer and did the same thing all over again. Had to put him in a pen for awhile until he out grew the pup stage. He is now 6 years old and one of the best dogs I have ever owned. Must be something about Labs liking to chew on things.

Last Lab I had ate 250' of garden hose. Kept buying new ones and it would get left where he could reach it.

Started out with him on an Air Force base, my wife was an Officer. Had one tree in the backyard. I must have nicked the bark weed eating around it because overnight he peeled all the bark off and it started to wilt. This is a serious thing on a base. Next night I cut it down with a handsaw, pulled the stump quietly with my truck and filled the hole. Reseeded it and they never missed it.

Love Labs when they are over a year old.

Don

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Last Lab I had ate 250' of garden hose. Kept buying new ones and it would get left where he could reach it.

Started out with him on an Air Force base, my wife was an Officer. Had one tree in the backyard. I must have nicked the bark weed eating around it because overnight he peeled all the bark off and it started to wilt. This is a serious thing on a base. Next night I cut it down with a handsaw, pulled the stump quietly with my truck and filled the hole. Reseeded it and they never missed it.

Love Labs when they are over a year old.

Don

Chester the yellow lab loved it when I brought home a big cow legbone. I would hear him all day long dragging it around on the wooden deck, clunk clunk clunk, chomping away. Only took about a day to turn it into a bunch of little pieces of bone all over the deck. He would also scour the nearby woods for deer carcasses and drag them up onto the deck to chew on. :rolleyes: yech. One day I caught him just coming out of the tree line with a "bambi" carcass, all skin and bones. He was as happy as could be until I took it away from him before the wife could see it. Best part is he would not chew on anything else, not furniture, not hoses, just bones. OK he did chew up a halloween pumpkin once. (Any food left unattendede within five feet of the floor, however, was in serious jeopardy).

I sure do miss him.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I've learned not to answer either question.
    Too many "looks"

122963782_3349860298402689_248781702891523189_n.jpg

Back before passports, I was leaving Canadia and answered a similar question in a similar way. Don't do that at the border. In fact, my autistic bits were tingling, and I was trying to determine the exact meaning of the question.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom