The Funny Pic Thread Part 13 - Clowns to the Left of me, jokers to the right, Welcome to DC!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Serious question, does milking time change with the changing sunrise/sunset? Cows don't have clocks but they have eyes.
    Don't know about other people's cows, but with my family's, the answer is no. They still come walking up to the milk house every morning at 6am and every evening at 6pm regardless of how light or dark it is. And of course twice a year there's an adjustment period as they learn that we silly humans have changed our clocks again...

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Had you studied chemistry instead of law you could have succeeded
    As a kid I managed to make mercury fulminate, nitrocellulose from cotton balls, and my favorite, ammonium tri-iodide (<=1gram).
    The tri-iodide is safe while wet, but when it dries it is very touchy. When it explodes it produces little purple mushroom clouds.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    siding.webp

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    PICK. A. FREAKING. TIME. AND. STICK. WITH. IT.

ETA:
    People that like DST probably choose to live in a HOA neighborhood.
    I wouldn't think the HOA would allow them to work on their yard after 5, so not sure what they do with all that 'extra' daylight that they gave up in the morning that DST 'gives' them

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Don't know about other people's cows, but with my family's, the answer is no. They still come walking up to the milk house every morning at 6am and every evening at 6pm regardless of how light or dark it is. And of course twice a year there's an adjustment period as they learn that we silly humans have changed our clocks again...
    Why do the cows need to change, you can change to their schedule…

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I make big use of the daylight after normal work hours.
    Yeah, I definitely get that part. But why does that apply less in the winter? Can't we just set our clocks forward an hour permanently and be done with it?

How about you? Why don’t you like it? Hopefully you have a better reason than too lazy to change your clocks…
    Better reason? Not really, lol... I guess the many reason I don't like it is just the two weeks of adjustment twice a year. Sleeping hours have to be adjusted, my sense of time based on where the sun is needs to be adjusted. It's not like any of that is a huge deal, I just don't "get" it :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom