• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If the human was wearing a bandana across his face to disguise his identity, that is ample evidence of his consideration of the consequences, since he manifestly took steps to avoid them by foiling any efforts to identify him in the aftermath of the crime and thus tie him back to his own criminal actions. And if the human were wielding a weapon, a club, a knife, a molotov cocktail, in his pursuit of my chicken in my own well-fenced backyard, then yes, I would consider that the kind of violent trespass that reasonably leads to a belief that they are there for purposes that lead to my grievous bodily injury or death and would employ lethal countermeasures to prevent same as appropriate.

What I was also saying up-thread was that I shouldn't have to wait for the physical attack on my own person, or that of another human being, to come for me to be justified in
    pointing a firearm at a person manifestly engaged in criminal conduct, just because that conduct is directed against property. That chicken might represent my family's sole source of protein for the foreseeable future. The car thief may be crippling my family's ability to get back and forth to our sole means of income, obtaining food, or obtaining medical care. The "mere" thief, in the act of committing their crimes, is nothing that can or should be coddled from the use of lethal force by their victims.

And I know that the police have no compunction against going to guns at the least
    provocation.

None of the "if"s in your response were contained in my original premise. Nor did you address the first question. Revist the questions, let the stand alone, and please respond again.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    It shouldn't matter whether the marauding animal, human or non-human, knows "better" or knows that what it's doing is morally wrong". If an animal has been trained not to attack people and has simply chosen to act contrary to its training, or the animal has been trained to deliberately attack people, is a question that is neither here nor there in the moment of dealing with the marauding behaviour.

I give you four scenarioes. You tell me in which one the answer to the question, "Is he aware that what he is doing is wrong." matters one whit.

1) A well socialized and treated pitbull is running pell mell, growling and snarling, down the street after a child that's running away in terror.
    2) A pitbul that has been trained to fight and has been tortured is running pell mell, growing and snarling, down the street after a child that's running away in terror.
    3) A man that's well dressed and groomed is running pell mell, wielding a knife in the downward slashing manner, down the street after a child that's running away in terror.
    4) A man that's dressed slovenly and shouting hateful and threatening epithets is running pell mell, wielding a knife in the downward slashing manner, down the street after a child that's running away in terror.

Please answer 1, 2, 3, or 4, as to which one would not warrant the use of lethal force once it became apparent that the animal, human or non-human, was imminently going to close with the child, and then explain your reasoning for why lethal force would not be warranted and how the answer to the question, "Is he aware that what he is doing is wrong?" affects that calculus.

Please don't fall into the media trap that only pit bulls can be aggressive.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I ran across this while surfing the net this AM.

Protesters target Black Friday sales in Ferguson - AOL.com

I guess they haven't enough damage to the local economy.

I just watched a CNN report on this too. Organizers of these marches on stores are claiming racism will continue unless blacks are given more "economic freedom and equality."

I'm not entirely sure what that means, but it seems like there are a lot of people in this country already getting free stuff these days. Certainly more so today than in years past.

As far as I know, anyone can spend money they earn on anything they want (legally of course). I don't see any examples of people of any color being denied the freedom to spend money how they see fit.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I just watched a CNN report on this too. Organizers of these marches on stores are claiming racism will continue unless blacks are given more "economic freedom and equality."

I'm not entirely sure what that means, but it seems like there are a lot of people in this country already getting free stuff these days. Certainly more so today than in years past.

As far as I know, anyone can spend money they earn on anything they want (legally of course). I don't see any examples of people of any color being denied the freedom to spend money how they see fit.

Sounds like demands from terrorists…..give us what we demand or we will destroy you. "terrorists"…..I think thats my knew "word".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sounds like demands from terrorists…..give us what we demand or we will destroy you. "terrorists"…..I think thats my knew "word".

That is exactly what this is. They have held this country hostage for months and are feeling the power given to them by the media and the authority's. Time to get bold.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    That is exactly what this is. They have held this country hostage for months and are feeling the power given to them by the media and the authority's. Time to get bold.

Pit why I say the media is responsible for part of this mess.. Quit puttit it on tv and they will give up...

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Only when they shed the roll of "victim" will they ever get the "equality" they demand. Victims give over control of their lives to someone else. So many are blind to it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just remember "whoever controls the language controls the debate" .

If you can keep you opponent constantly worrying about what he can or cannot say, you keep them off balance and unable to adequately communicate effectively.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

If you can keep you opponent constantly worrying about what he can or cannot say, you keep them off balance and unable to adequately communicate effectively.

Are you saying we should speak French?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel

Brought to you by the people that use "1984" as an instruction manual rather than a warning. Newspeak was intended to reduce the vocabulary in specific ways as to make it impossible to even form ideas in opposition to the party line.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I ran across this while surfing the net this AM.

Protesters target Black Friday sales in Ferguson - AOL.com

I guess they haven't enough damage to the local economy.

While, I'm not sure what damage they have done to the economy. I find it hard to understand why they would protest in front of the local Wal-Mart. Ferguson is a majority black city. It would be economic suicide if any business, in that area, purposefully disscriminated against them.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Brought to you by the people that use "1984" as an instruction manual rather than a warning. Newspeak was intended to reduce the vocabulary in specific ways as to make it impossible to even form ideas in opposition to the party line.

Doubleplus ungood Mr. Wrench. Doubleplus ungood indeed.....

And lack of print media will make the memoryhole more plausable....(stupid cached pages)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Don't know why the shop owners down there don't contract some private security?

Some of them are, and some of the people going to work there are not Barney Fife types. If the violence continues, it could get very interesting with a new presence.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

That doesn't make sense. What do they mean by a making a statement like that. Those that do get off there azzes and take advantage of the opportunities available do well. That goes for people of every race. Hanging with the home boys selling and doing drugs and b**ching about the system will not get you far in life.

I really want a black civic leader/minister/preacher to step up to the plate and "preach hard" personal responsibility. The single young mothers need help. More then just food programs. Parenting classes would help. I know there are programs out there. They need to be expanded and used. They don't need programs that are crutches. They need step stools.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is why it needs to come from within the community. If I criticize you for your behavior (like shooting a Glock or not wearing pants :):), you're not going to label me as a racist.

Well, no.
    1st.....are you watching me right now and how did you know I am not wearing pants.......:)
    2nd....I can not denie I have shot a Glock as there are pics proving this fact.

I can make an analogy out of this humor though. These people will denie a fact even when there is video/pics of the act. I as an honest and moral person can only hang my head in shame when the Glock pics are shown.

Please don't tell me someone has a photo of CM shooting a glock while not wearing pants. And please don't post it. I don't want to see it.

Only when they shed the roll of "victim" will they ever get the "equality" they demand. Victims give over control of their lives to someone else. So many are blind to it.

No one from their own community who says that, and there are some, are taken seriously by the community. I don't see it ever happening.

Are you saying we should speak French?

Sacré Bleu!

I may not be the sharpest hunk of che-ee-eeze ... But I'm a genius in France. A genius in France. Yes a genius in France.

Long live Weird Al.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom