• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Pete has a degree from Harvard and worked for Cohen Group and Mckinsey before politics. He knows how the machine works in dc. Depending on his contacts with those types of groups, they will have a good idea if he will deal.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I wouldn't say that compared to Biden, 90% of Democrats are progressives.
    Yeah, but INGO believes that 120% of the Democratic party are leftist traitors, so...
    Mayor Pete isn't exactly a progressive darling. He considered a moderate democrat. I honestly wouldn't be opposed to him taking the nomination. His drawbacks, which I don't think should be drawbacks, are his sexuality, and his lack of a history of engagement with people of color.
    Morning Edition was talking about that yesterday. And then there's this:

https://politics.theonion.com/cory-booker-taken-aback-to-find-dozens-of-pictures-of-h-1839961966

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Let's not start the "what's a fact" debate again.

Well there's facts, true facts, false facts, real facts, accessories after the facts, matters of fact, de factos, brass tacks, fact finders, straight facts, hard facts, ipso factos, fact jacks, facts of love, natural facts, cold facts, in facts, facts don't lie, fact remains, and of course... the facts of life.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Facts

”Ol Joe” is at best a mediocre politician, he ran for President twice and has never made it past the first few primary states. His recent gaffes are leaving even his loyal supporters mystified. When you get laughed at by the entire Democratic Party during a debate you in trouble. His exchange with the open borders protesters exposed how weak the guy is speaking off the cuff.

His troubled son is the gift that keeps on giving now his new grandkid will have to be provided SS protection this adds to the WTF factor. The fact that he is running out of money he has a super pac now so that will be another factor against him.

“keep punching at it”

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why is a 90% even relevant. It isn't a fact.

Given that you can only authoritatively speak for yourself and you are an infinitesimal percentage of all Democrats, why are you entering this discussion from this angle? If 90% is a WAG, and you come up with a different WAG, is one arguably more 'factual' than the other because it pleases you more?

When I checked a few minutes ago (via Pew Research) to see what Democrats were self-identifying as, progressive didn't even make the list. Most Democrats self-identify as liberal. We will save for another day discussion of the cognitive dissonance necessary to desire gov't modulated conformity, Big Brother and thought police; but consider oneself 'liberal'

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why is a 90% even relevant. It isn't a fact.

The number 90% isn't a fact, and the number isn't even the relevant part of what JK was saying. The relevant part is that a large portion of democrats are way more progressive than Biden, so the idea is that Biden should be running away with this but isn't because there are too many progressives.

But 90% progressive? I think the spread of support across the candidates show that the Democratic Party is not anywhere near 90% homogeneous on anything. The party seems splintered, with a fairly even mix of moderates/liberals, sane progressives, and bat **** crazy progressives. I saw an article a few months ago that showed poll results of Democratic likely voters and they were pretty close to 1/3 split along those lines. I think that's why we see Biden with a lead. To kut's point, it's not 90% more progressive than Biden, obviously, because he's polling consistently in the mid 20's. I think his draw is mostly from the moderates/traditional liberals, which is sizeable. Bernie and Pocahontas split most of the progressive vote.

With Pete, like I said, I don't really know. When he presents himself as a moderate, he moved up in the polls. Then he kinda went woke during one of the debates and he fell in the polls. And then when he acted sane again, he rose in the polls. I don't know if the rise and fall correlates tightly with his political signaling or something some other candidate did to shift the support. But I don't really know which is the real Pete. He could be a bat **** crazy moonbeam who happens to know when to STFU about his inner direction. Or, he could just be pandering to bat **** crazies to try to get some of them on his side.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Given that you can only authoritatively speak for yourself and you are an infinitesimal percentage of all Democrats, why are you entering this discussion from this angle? If 90% is a WAG, and you come up with a different WAG, is one arguably more 'factual' than the other because it pleases you more?

When I checked a few minutes ago (via Pew Research) to see what Democrats were self-identifying as, progressive didn't even make the list. Most Democrats self-identify as liberal. We will save for another day discussion of the cognitive dissonance necessary to desire gov't modulated conformity, Big Brother and thought police; but consider oneself 'liberal'

That's where I draw the distinction between progressive and liberal. Though, most liberals I've encountered say they're progressive, I guess because it sounds forward thinking. But yes, you can tell how to differentiate liberals from progressives. I think support for free speech is a good bellwether. Progressives sure seem to like forcing conformity on liberal ideas, where liberals seem to believe in many of those same ideals, but think people should chose that.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Mainstream democrats have historically considered themselves "liberals". Not to be confused with neo-liberals, which are actually greedy mother****ers in your party. Progressive is a label that is changing. At one point, many liberals would have no problem considering themselves progressives. In today's environment, that doesn't hold true. "progressive" policies such as reparations, paid maternal leave for spouses, medicare for all, etc., have had a significant pushback from the "mainstreamers". How do I know? I don't live in Ohio where all this hatred of your neighbor is rampant. We actually talk to our neighbors and other democrats.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I like Axlerod’s characterization of Biden’s campaign. He’s “Magoo’ing” his way through the primary.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Biden still can't get a break from Obama. "C'mon Barack, I stood behind you all those years, admiring your"--"Joe, now cut it out. That's ****ing creepy. You know I said I'm not gonna endorse you. The left already hates me now. Truthfully, I never really liked you all that much. A lot because you're ****ing creepy."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Mainstream democrats have historically considered themselves "liberals". Not to be confused with neo-liberals, which are actually greedy mother****ers in your party. Progressive is a label that is changing. At one point, many liberals would have no problem considering themselves progressives. In today's environment, that doesn't hold true. "progressive" policies such as reparations, paid maternal leave for spouses, medicare for all, etc., have had a significant pushback from the "mainstreamers". How do I know? I don't live in Ohio where all this hatred of your neighbor is rampant. We actually talk to our neighbors and other democrats.

In my allotment, the only Democrats we have are posers. They're the wives of good staunch conservatives who would have the vapors if they truly understood the real cost of free everything to the economy and their bottom line. Their husbands give them a long leash in the interest of family detente, and then cancel out their votes at the polls (if they even vote)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I don't know guys.
    After a while, I find myself throwing progressives, democrats, liberals and the left into some big cauldron to be mixed up together. I'm sure there must be some difference but that crazy meter is is pointing left of where I think center is so they all get treated the same with me.

Is there some kind of chart that is suppose to show what all the differences are? Although their values seem to change [STRIKE]monthly[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]weekly[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]daily[/STRIKE] hourly.

pvQ6J5R.jpg

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I don't know guys.
    After a while, I find myself throwing progressives, democrats, liberals and the left into some big cauldron to be mixed up together. I'm sure there must be some difference but that crazy meter is is pointing left of where I think center is so they all get treated the same with me.

Is there some kind of chart that is suppose to show what all the differences are? Although their values seem to change [STRIKE]monthly[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]weekly[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]daily[/STRIKE] hourly.

Amen. I personally don’t care if they’re just slightly left of center, they vote for the same candidate the crazy antifa types are going to vote for. They can make all the excuses, labels, whatever they want... they’re supporting the same freedom fighting jackasses as the far lefty loonies are

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

greedy mother****ers? Seriously?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom