Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wall St doesn't like Liz. Nor does Silicon Valley.

Leaves room for Hillary, Michelle or Oprah. Two women on the ticket is too much, so Mayer Pete or Booker are prime candidates for VP...

Unless Holder tries to sneak in...

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Wall St doesn't like Liz. Nor does Silicon Valley.

Leaves room for Hillary, Michelle or Oprah. Two women on the ticket is too much, so Mayer Pete or Booker are prime candidates for VP...

Unless Holder tries to sneak in...

Don’t forget AOC. Yeah, she’s just a freshman representative but she has the whole Squad in her pocket and can you picture her on the debate stage with Trump?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think Biden is toasted by his connection to this Ukraine thing. The Dems internally can label him as damaged goods.

Warren will be at the top by month's end.

Or, she'll get ahead of everyone, then something else will happen and she'll plummet. 'Tis the silly season.

I don't. I think he's still in the game. Biden supporters I think would tend to believe that the president's attacks are baseless, the more he goes off the rails. Today, he asked CHINA to investigate an American citizen. China. He didn't ask China to allow the DoJ to come in and investigate. He asked them to do it themselves. China. I must have been out of the loop for a LONG time, if the United States is relying on China to conduct legitimate, fair, and unbiased investigations.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Don’t forget AOC. Yeah, she’s just a freshman representative but she has the whole Squad in her pocket and can you picture her on the debate stage with Trump?

No I can't. Has anyone ever seen her in a debate or discussion where her viewpoint is challenged? As far as I know, all she does is cream-puff interviews and Twitter storms that her team can carefully craft.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't. I think he's still in the game. Biden supporters I think would tend to believe that the president's attacks are baseless, the more he goes off the rails. Today, he asked CHINA to investigate an American citizen. China. He didn't ask China to allow the DoJ to come in and investigate. He asked them to do it themselves. China. I must have been out of the loop for a LONG time, if the United States is relying on China to conduct legitimate, fair, and unbiased investigations.

This smells like a deflection of sorts. Biden isn't competing with Trump. Yet. He's competing with a couple dozen other Democrats. If this grows legs, which it should. There's some smoke there. We should get to see if there are embers smoldering. I think the person with the biggest smile at the end of this week is Elizabeth Warren. Bernie is kinda sorta maybe out, and she's the most likely recipient of most of his supporters. And now Biden gets toasted. And I'm not saying burnt to a crisp.

But there's at least a crust forming, and I suspect if it were as vigorously investigated as Trump, we'd probably find a lot of shenanigans. There's a reason why Biden's son, who had no expertise, was on that board, making that kind of money. The obvious reason is not about Hunter, but who his dad is. Connections. Quid Pro Quo. That's a very reasonable suspicion given the information we have. I'm sure the die hard Biden fans would tend to ignore that as much as a Trumper would tend to ignore the things they ignore. But if the story grows, he's going to bleed off supporters, and Warren is a likely recipient of them too.

Zenmaster961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2019

Biden is the company man, no? He's the promote from within guy, the old veteran QB that knows the playbook even if his arm isnt what it once was...

Theyll use Warren if they have to but Biden is the deep state pick.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Nah.

She’s not old enough.

Among other reasons.

No I can't. Has anyone ever seen her in a debate or discussion where her viewpoint is challenged? As far as I know, all she does is cream-puff interviews and Twitter storms that her team can carefully craft.

^^^ This right here.

Maybe when she's a more seasoned liar. Maybe when she's learned some things about the world. She has a lot more "garbage disposal" level discoveries to make before she can begin to operate as a political equal to others who were on college debate teams, took political science in college, are lawyers, or have advanced degrees in other disciplines. AOC has lived in a bubble all her life and proves with every comment how ignorant about the world she is. If all she has walking into a debate, is a bunch of ideological whims crammed in her head from countless hours of prep, she'll be utterly embarrassed.

She needs to debate a competent knowledgeable debater on her green new deal. If she can walk out of that without showing herself as a complete ignoramus, maybe she's ready for debating on the big stage. Right now, she's all mouth and no substance.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Biden is the company man, no? He's the promote from within guy, the old veteran QB that knows the playbook even if his arm isnt what it once was...

Theyll use Warren if they have to but Biden is the deep state pick.

I'll take that for the way people are using it these days. I guess you'd say "establishment democrats" who happen to be employed in non-appointed leadership positions in government bureaucracies. Yeah. I think Biden is definitely the establishment pick. And I think they'll run cover for him like they did for Hillary. I think if Hillary's email scandal came out as early in the election season as this is coming out for Biden, she would not have won the nomination, because the establishment likely would have given up on her. But as the nominee, I think they were more in a pickle. Warren isn't "establishment". If anything she's anti-establishment. So some really serious stuff would have to come on Biden for them to drop cover for him. If it became obvious though, I think they'd have to start courting Warren to be less anti-establishment. Everyone has their price.

Zenmaster961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2019
    I'll take that for the way people are using it these days. I guess you'd say "establishment democrats" who happen to be employed in non-appointed leadership positions in government bureaucracies. Yeah. I think Biden is definitely the establishment pick. And I think they'll run cover for him like they did for Hillary. I think if Hillary's email scandal came out as early in the election season as this is coming out for Biden, she would not have won the nomination, because the establishment likely would have given up on her. But as the nominee, I think they were more in a pickle. Warren isn't "establishment". If anything she's anti-establishment. So some really serious stuff would have to come on Biden for them to drop cover for him. If it became obvious though, I think they'd have to start courting Warren to be less anti-establishment. Everyone has their price.

Establishment. Yes, better word.

Although, I was definitely aiming for word with a slimy, corruption kind of feel to it....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm okay with "slimy establishment". Will that work? Or maybe more descriptive of the genre of slimy, "elitist establishment".

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Don’t forget AOC.

She’s not old enough.

You act like the Constitution matters to the Democrats.

Have you seen AOC’s birth certificate proving she is not old enough? No because asking for a birth certificate to prove eligibility for the office is wrong(?). Yet the Constitution does not require tax returns to be released although those with TDS are demanding their disclosure. And all the INGO members hang their hat on 2A keeping the gun grabbers at bay.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Wasn't that a statement he made to the media?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This smells like a deflection of sorts. Biden isn't competing with Trump. Yet. He's competing with a couple dozen other Democrats. If this grows legs, which it should. There's some smoke there. We should get to see if there are embers smoldering. I think the person with the biggest smile at the end of this week is Elizabeth Warren. Bernie is kinda sorta maybe out, and she's the most likely recipient of most of his supporters. And now Biden gets toasted. And I'm not saying burnt to a crisp.

But there's at least a crust forming, and I suspect if it were as vigorously investigated as Trump, we'd probably find a lot of shenanigans. There's a reason why Biden's son, who had no expertise, was on that board, making that kind of money. The obvious reason is not about Hunter, but who his dad is. Connections. Quid Pro Quo. That's a very reasonable suspicion given the information we have. I'm sure the die hard Biden fans would tend to ignore that as much as a Trumper would tend to ignore the things they ignore. But if the story grows, he's going to bleed off supporters, and Warren is a likely recipient of them too.
    I guess it goes to the point that either supporter can make If there is claim to be made that there is no credible connection to VP Biden and corrupt intent of office then the other side would be entitled to make the same claim about Trump.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would imagine Hillary's biggest decision about running will be if she can live with a lot of other people making decisions about her campaign. She lost once already and the big money isn't going to let her call most of the shots. There will be a group of political professionals that will not be "advising" attached to her campaign, they will make the decisions and she'll have to follow them. I think she will have to accept that up front before anything starts and she's probably chewing that over now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom