• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Old Uncle Joe is starting to swerve farther left. He's even taken to pilfering some of their crazy ideas such as the Green New Deal and incorporating them into his platform like they were his own. What a wreck.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Old Uncle Joe is starting to swerve farther left. He's even taken to pilfering some of their crazy ideas such as the Green New Deal and incorporating them into his platform like they were his own. What a wreck.

There's a lot of talk on the left that he isn't strong enough on the environment /climate change. He's scrambling to compensate.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    D8tHAvEWwAAuC2o.jpg:large

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Buttigieg at Iowa fundraiser:
    “We’re not going to win by playing it safe or promising a return to normal,” Buttigieg said. “We are where we are because normal broke. ... Democrats can no more promise a return to the ’90s than Republicans can deliver on a promise to return us to the ’50s.”

https://www.apnews.com/a535c56756ad4dceac50f0384518bf83

Well, I agree with the highlighted part, but probably not for the reason he would think.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Buttigieg at Iowa fundraiser:
    “We’re not going to win by playing it safe or promising a return to normal,” Buttigieg said. “We are where we are because normal broke. ... Democrats can no more promise a return to the ’90s than Republicans can deliver on a promise to return us to the ’50s.”

https://www.apnews.com/a535c56756ad4dceac50f0384518bf83

Well, I agree with the highlighted part, but probably not for the reason he would think.
    It seems like the definition of “normal” depends on who’s trying to define it.

Or shape it as it were and get others to accept it as such.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

Biden is not swerving left, he is being more honest. Apparently, he is finally realizing that hiding his B-S crazy level is no longer necessary and is actually counter productive. If he gets the nomination he'll be back to claiming he is a Centrist again. Unfortunately some will buy it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am just glad we finally know where he stands on taxpayer funding for baby killing... unless he has changed again... anyone checked today yet?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I believe the reason Biden’s numbers were so high out of the gate was because he was seen as more of a centrist by a number of Democrats that aren’t particularly liking the hard left turn.

I think the farther he goes left the less palatable he becomes to those Democrats and his numbers are starting to fall.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I believe the reason Biden’s numbers were so high out of the gate was because he was seen as more of a centrist by a number of Democrats that aren’t particularly liking the hard left turn.

I think the farther he goes left the less palatable he becomes to those Democrats and his numbers are starting to fall.
    I think it was more name recognition. I doubt most people have any clue who most of the rest of them are.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So I really don’t understand how a Independent can run for President as a Democrat or why the DNC would allow it?

Anyway Bernie is nuts no really this guy is crazy !

Raise the minimum wage to a living wage of at least $15 an hour.
    Enact a universal childcare and pre-kindergarten program.
    Make sure women and men are paid the same wage for the same job through the Paycheck Fairness Act.
    Guarantee all workers paid family and medical leave, paid sick leave and paid vacation.
    Make it easier for workers to join unions through the Workplace Democracy Act.
    Make quality education a right.
    Implement a green jobs program
    Make public colleges, universities, and trade schools tuition-free
    Fully fund Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
    Substantially lower student debt.
    Significantly lower interest rates on student loans.

It goes on and on!

This dude honey mooned in the USSR he also praised the Nicaragua revolution in fact he attended a 1985 Communist rally where there crowd shout “Yankees will Die”.

Where are all the “normal” Democrats?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom