• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It went into the ground before the first cases were even confirmed in the US.

When the supply chains for most of these American mega corps are in question, the economy starts falling. And you legitimately think this has anything to do with Trump, much less anything in the US at all?

If you want to see a crash that'll make the 2008 GFC look like a gold rush, just wait until a nearly dead senile old man is elected.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. An effective leader doesn't tell everyone he's a genius...stable genius (is that a horse trainer?)....and pound his chest saying how well he's done for the economy....without recognizing that he'll get blamed if things go south.

The "value" of securities in the market assume that the market is "orderly". Huge spikes say that the market isn't orderly and that the real, underlying values are likely overstated. I think most people know this and don't really care as long as they can trade in and out in an orderly market. To say that the markets lost $7 trillion in "value" really isn't true. It lost phantom value.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Live by the sword, die by the sword. An effective leader doesn't tell everyone he's a genius...stable genius (is that a horse trainer?)....and pound his chest saying how well he's done for the economy....without recognizing that he'll get blamed if things go south.

The "value" of securities in the market assume that the market is "orderly". Huge spikes say that the market isn't orderly and that the real, underlying values are likely overstated. I think most people know this and don't really care as long as they can trade in and out in an orderly market. To say that the markets lost $7 trillion in "value" really isn't true. It lost phantom value.

You ignored the points raised in favor of quoting grade school level market behavior.

Don't forget, Biden voted for NAFTA and the Iraq war. 2 things that have caused more devastation for our economy and global prestige than anything else in our history.

But I guess saying mean things on Twitter matters more to you than policy.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Bull****. Clinton handed Bush a **** sandwich of an economy, and Carter did the same for Reagan yet they both presided over increasing GDP year over year

Yer not forgetting double digit interest rates (Carter) or the dot com crash (Clinton) are you? I know you're old enough to remember them

We really don't need to go there. The point is: it wasn't Obama's fault and that shows CameraMonkey's comment was in error.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    We really don't need to go there. The point is: it wasn't Obama's fault and that shows CameraMonkey's comment was in error.

If it wasn't Obama's fault, then the president isn't responsible for the economy, and therefor Trump can not be blamed nor credited for the economy today.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You ignored the points raised in favor of quoting grade school level market behavior.

Don't forget, Biden voted for NAFTA and the Iraq war. 2 things that have caused more devastation for our economy and global prestige than anything else in our history.

But I guess saying mean things on Twitter matters more to you than policy.

Oh, excuse me. You want more in depth analysis....in a gun forum? LOL

Biden is NOT TRUMP. I will vote for NOT TRUMP. Facts don't matter at this point. Anyone but Trump.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If it wasn't Obama's fault, then the president isn't responsible for the economy, and therefor Trump can not be blamed nor credited for the economy today.

the best thing a president can do is to stay out of the way. Obama was not great at that, Trump is better at that. However, overall, an individual president's effect upon the economy is pretty limited. There are so many more things that have larger effects.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah. He had to. Because he forgot what I already posted.\\

You still haven't proved your own charts. You haven't defined the Y axis on the semi-log chart you posted.

But, we know that you are better at criticism than actually proving anything.

Oh well, whine loud enough and ye shall receive. If you put on the readers you should see the un-normalized chart is from US Census Bureau. And if you wanted to do your own little junior economist experiment; I bet you could take those census numbers, convert the data points to logs, replicate the x-axis of the chart you so dribblingly hope to to find fault with, graph the data and see for yourself if a simple logarithmic transposition indeed normalizes the graph to an unskewed but still accurate distribution. Not suspending respiration in expectation, though

https://pseudoerasmus.com/2014/09/29/world-income-distribution/

Figure 7, in case scrolling brings on the vapors

Unless specified otherwise, the following charts are taken from Maxim Pinkovskiy and Xavier Sala-i-Martin, “Parametric Estimations of the World Distribution of Income“.

In all cases, the X-axis shows incomes in 2000 international (PPP-adjusted) dollars, and the Y-axis displays population in absolute figures. The vertical lines indicate the standard incomes at $1 and $2 per day. The latter amount represents the UN-defined global poverty threshold.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    the best thing a president can do is to stay out of the way. Obama was not great at that, Trump is better at that. However, overall, an individual president's effect upon the economy is pretty limited. There are so many more things that have larger effects.

I think their primary effect on the economy is their philosophy and outlook. If they are perceived as being friendly to the economy, the economy will grow under them unless there's a serious issue preventing that growth.

Not terribly different from gun rights. If someone is perceived as being anti-gun, merely by being in power, they drive severe panic.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

That sounds familiar....

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I remember when Obummer blamed the last administration for everything bad.

Problem was, this was in his 2nd term so he just blamed himself. :n00b:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Aaaarrgg!
    I just went to the store and forgot popcorn again.

I need to be ready when all the heads explode this year.
    pyMJzva.gif
    pyMJzva.gif
    pyMJzva.gif
    pyMJzva.gif
    pyMJzva.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members