• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Show me any evidence that Prager has tried to misguide anyone into thinking there is a real accredited university in his name.

Here is the first one I found. There are many more.

Good_Evil_God_01_300px.gif

Go ahead. Justify that.

Need another? OK.

prager-univ.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You modified a statement I made with your words. That isn't appropriate. Please remove it.

I did not, but I forgot to put it in red to show it was mine.

ETA I snipped your post to make what I said more clear.

Last edited:

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Wow. You live on stereotypes. The Moral Majority was a factor 30+ years ago, not now.

Have you heard of any significant push-back from the right about about current Trump's Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell, Brandon Straka (#WalkAway), the Log Cabin Republicans?
    I've read repeatedly that it is easier for a gay person to come out to conservatives about their sexuality than it is for a gay conservative to come out to their liberal friends. The conservatives are far more accepting.

I can say from experience that this is 100% true. The so called party of inclusion is only that when one marches lockstep with their narrow belief system.

EDIT: I was late to the party on this one. I haven't been online for several days and was catching up when I responded to this about 12 pages ago. Please carry on.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Here is the first one I found. There are many more.

Good_Evil_God_01_300px.gif

Go ahead. Justify that.

Need another? OK.

prager-univ.jpg
    Still don't see any misleading representation. Do they offer degrees for watching these short video "Course" lectures?

You seem to me to be the only one making this out to be more than it really is.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You call yourself a University, there is an expectation that you represent a University. If he said he was an FBI agent, he'd be in jail. But, because he's just lying about a University, then it's OK I guess. Sort of a poor man's Trump University.

....oh
    Lying about being a university? :rolleyes: c’mon man. It literally says on the pager footer, not an actual university. If it were a university, they’d have an edu top level domain. First time I heard of Prager University, I thought WTF is this? Oh. it’s prager.com. It’s a “university”. I would have thought the only people who would take this for a university would be people who have never been to one or people who who for partisan reasons, want to believe the most uncharitable thing.

But, anyway, as far as their content, as I’ve said, it’s from a conservative perspective. And like you’d expect, just like left wing political websites, sometimes they get things mostly right, sometimes not as much. That’s not a reason to think uncharitably about their motives. It’s just from a different perspective.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Without witnesses and depositions, there is no better 'available' evidence. With witnesses under oath, I believe you would be in error.
    Okay. That’s just a belief. I’m not going to believe either without better evidence. I know I’m inclined to be biased against Biden. I suspect you’re biased opposite of that. Bias isn’t a very good predictor. But if I were to guess, both may not want the public to know all the details.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Perhaps you should travel more. Visit a 3rd world country and see how wealth distribution has affected the conditions for its citizens. Or read a little economics on the colonial era.

If you see the world as your space in Indiana, I suppose you avoid all those nasty macro ideas.
    I understand the economics. I’m aware of how oppressive take it or leave it choices can be. But that’s not literal slavery. It wasn’t the wealth disparity in itself that caused that to happen. It was ****ty people using the power if their wealth, and not their wealth alone. Cronyism mixed with wealth disparity is more dangerous.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I can say from experience that this is 100% true. The so called party of inclusion is only that when one marches lockstep with their narrow belief system.

EDIT: I was late to the party on this one. I haven't been online for several days and was catching up when I responded to this about 12 pages ago. Please carry on.

If that’s 100% true, why does it always seem like it’s the Republican politicians that hide their sexuality, when they’re gay? We just had one come out of the closet the other day.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, not chattel slavery. But slavery in the sense you have very little say in the way you live your life, liberties severely eroded, and dependent on your masters for various, life’s necessities.

“Slavery” by circumstances is not slavery. Aspects may resemble slavery, but that needs quotes, because it’s a figurative application. Concentration of wealth by itself does not lead to real slavery or even figurative slavery. That’s hyperbole. There are plenty of social ills caused by income inequality, but slavery is not one if them. Income inequality has gone up steadily since the 1950s. Yet “slavery” hasn’t risen with it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

why? I don’t care to live in a bubble. It’s helpful to regularly converse with people you disagree with. There’s nothing wrong with engaging in discussion with different perspectives. Sometimes you may find that your perspective isn’t always most accurate. Sometimes you end up strengthening your own.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You asked a good question above on how I would even wealth. I'm not avoiding answering. It's a difficult question to answer. I need to think about it more in order to distill it down to a few key points.

But, I do know this: Our focus on the short-term, both in terms of the politics of budgeting (even though we talk about 10-year budgets), and Wall Street demands, are problematic.
    Progressives demands are also problematic and their estimation of the problem with income inequality is overstated. It’s overstated because they use it as a tool to sway public opinion in favor of their policies. It’s a lot like the Republicans do with many of their hot button issues to scare people into supporting their policies.

Again, that’s not to say wealth inequality doesn’t cause societal problems. It does. I don’t see it that wealth inequality in the US is oppressive, per se. If we adopted the kind of system that would end income inequality, it would not look like a utopia. It would be a revolution. People grabbing metaphoric pitchforks and stabbing the Kulaks for daring to own property and employing people for wages.

As long as people are free to reap the benefits of their own labor, there will be income inequality because some people are bigly better than others. Sometimes you’re the crack ho selling her body for the next hit. Sometimes you’re the Alpo with above average intellect, who managed to make a comfortable living and enjoy a comfortable retirement. Rarely you’re the Elon Musk who is just many orders of magnitude better at ideas worth fortunes.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    “Slavery” by circumstances is not slavery. Aspects may resemble slavery, but that needs quotes, because it’s a figurative application. Concentration of wealth by itself does not lead to real slavery or even figurative slavery. That’s hyperbole. There are plenty of social ills caused by income inequality, but slavery is not one if them. Income inequality has gone up steadily since the 1950s. Yet “slavery” hasn’t risen with it.

You haven't really thought this through. Even under your specific definition, there is debt bondage, human trafficking, quasi-serfdom and unpaid domestic labor. According to the Global Slavery Index, there were over 40 million people, worldwide, in modern slavery (which includes 15 million in forced marriages). 71% of the total are female.

The common thread among all groups is: poverty. And it isn't decreasing.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    You haven't really thought this through. Even under your specific definition, there is debt bondage, human trafficking, quasi-serfdom and unpaid domestic labor. According to the Global Slavery Index, there were over 40 million people, worldwide, in modern slavery (which includes 15 million in forced marriages). 71% of the total are female.

Not a problem I seem to be struggling with.
    VuAKsIb.gif

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Disclaimer from the website is pretty clear.

PRAGER UNIVERSITY IS NOT AN ACCREDITED ACADEMIC INSTITUTION AND DOES NOT OFFER CERTIFICATIONS OR DIPLOMAS. BUT IT IS A PLACE WHERE YOU ARE FREE TO LEARN.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Disclaimer from the website is pretty clear.

PRAGER UNIVERSITY IS NOT AN ACCREDITED ACADEMIC INSTITUTION AND DOES NOT OFFER CERTIFICATIONS OR DIPLOMAS. BUT IT IS A PLACE WHERE YOU ARE FREE TO LEARN.

Most users get their Prager info on youtube or facebook. Are the disclaimers there?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Slavery. It’s not MY definition. It’s THE definition. Real ass slavery is the ownership of people. That can be applied abstractly, as circumstances approach that. But it’s pretty far fetched to say income inequality per se in the US will lead to slavery. That’s hyperbole.

Poverty hasn’t increased in the US as the wealth inequality has grown. The poverty rate is down from the 1950s, and has been relatively flat since, but especially in the last few years it has gone down to ~13% in 2019. The discussion of human trafficking is even less applicable to income inequality, pursuant to your claim that shrinking wealth distribution leads to it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom