Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    For people on my FB saying they can't tell their daughters that they can be president and all that I'm reminding that Tulsi is still in the race. And saying that I will be for sure voting for Nikki Haley when she runs. Then I get comments of "I hope you're joking" What, suddenly qualifications or policy matters?

If the Repubs put up a gay black female for Pres. the left would choke to death.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Karma dude. May you live long enough to enjoy the irony.

HA!

I'm getting more salt and pepper every day. :)

But, that was just my offhand way to point out that the 55+ demographic, which may still retain a certain amount of independence, could be the difference.

Granted, that includes alot of people who voted Trump in 2016. But, a 5-10% swing in key states and a perhaps more motivated minority constituency could be very problematic for Trump.

Again, not saying it'll play out that way, just saying there's a plausible path.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    So would damn near everyone on the right. What, are you telling me that you would be like "oh that's cool," and not do a triple take?

Hardly. I think far more on the right are more interested in conservative-leaning positions and support for the Constitution. Though nearly everyone on the right would be surprised that such a person had the balls to deal with being ostracized for all three by the left.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    HA!

I'm getting more salt and pepper every day. :)

But, that was just my offhand way to point out that the 55+ demographic, which may still retain a certain amount of independence, could be the difference.

Granted, that includes alot of people who voted Trump in 2016. But, a 5-10% swing in key states and a perhaps more motivated minority constituency could be very problematic for Trump.

Again, not saying it'll play out that way, just saying there's a plausible path.

I think you have a point. More than any other age group, elder voters are concerned about their own financial safety net and the manner in which you live your life.. Perhaps that is because they have "a lot of time on their hands" to think about such things. Perhaps it's because they have acquired some wisdom over their 7 or so decades of existence. Joe has an order of magnitude more going for him in the "life's lessons" department than Trump ever will.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think you have a point. More than any other age group, elder voters are concerned about their own financial safety net and the manner in which you live your life.. Perhaps that is because the have "a lot of time on their hands" to think about such things. Perhaps it's because they have acquired some wisdom over their 7 or so decades of existence. Joe has an order of magnitude more going for him in the "life's lessons" department than Trump ever will.

Maybe...but how many of them can he recall in a coherent manner?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    All the characters I create in RPGs have white hair. Does that make me an honorary boomer

Only if you either served in the military or were beat up in the Chicago protests in 1968.

If not, then sorry, please watch your step as you deplane.

OTOH, if Stephen King used your life as a model for one of the characters in "Stand By Me", you're in.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think you have a point. More than any other age group, elder voters are concerned about their own financial safety net and the manner in which you live your life.. Perhaps that is because they have "a lot of time on their hands" to think about such things. Perhaps it's because they have acquired some wisdom over their 7 or so decades of existence. Joe has an order of magnitude more going for him in the "life's lessons" department than Trump ever will.

:yesway: Perhaps, too, because they've read rather a lot of history and even lived some of it

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Hardly. I think far more on the right are more interested in conservative-leaning positions and support for the Constitution. Though nearly everyone on the right would be surprised that such a person had the balls to deal with being ostracized for all three by the left.

Exactly. If she honors the Constitution, especially the 2nd Amendment, and held conservative positions about government then damn right.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I heard on the radio that Bill and Hill released a new video lamenting what a cheating bastage (on one occasion[SUB][Monica][/SUB]) he was and what a wonderful wife she was to stick with him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Whaaaaaaat? "Gay," and "conservative" doesn't create triple takes from people on the right (as well as the left)? Ask me again how I know conservatives are being slowly dragged to the left.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Whaaaaaaat? "Gay," and "conservative" doesn't create triple takes from people on the right (as well as the left)? Ask me again how I know conservatives are being slowly dragged to the left.

Wait, what? Aren’t you the same one who says trump is far right? Now suddenly, conservatives are being drug to the left? Which is it?

Curious, if Bernie gets the nomination, who will you be voting for?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom