Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Let's say Bernie gets elected, and somehow gets his wish list.
    How's he gonna handle the economy falling?
    Blame it on the Repubs?
    Claim they sabotaged him?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Let's say Bernie gets elected, and somehow gets his wish list.
    How's he gonna handle the economy falling?
    Blame it on the Repubs?
    Claim they sabotaged him?

Yes and the media would support his message. Remember how pretty much anything wrong during the Obama presidency was Republicans fault?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No, just war in Iraq and a crashed economy.

When the massive debt overhang becomes a problem that can no longer be ignored, I'm sure that will be Bush's fault, too; even though most of it was incurred on Obama's watch? You'll refer back to the financial crisis developing under Bush, and that mandating Obama's possibly unwise use of the central bank and QE.

We get it. Conservatives 'didn't build that' unless it becomes problematic then it is all their fault. Progressives/Liberals deserve all the credit for the good stuff but none of the blame. At least you're consistent(ly inconsistent)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm wondering if at the convention the choices are:
    To
    The DNC runs Bernie and get a 1972 election result.

The DNC sells the nomination to Mike Bloomberg, end of story.

The DNC makes Hillary the nominee after throwing out all of Bernie's delegates.
    The results of options #2&3 will end with the Burnie bros burning down Milwaukee.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    When the massive debt overhang becomes a problem that can no longer be ignored, I'm sure that will be Bush's fault, too; even though most of it was incurred on Obama's watch? You'll refer back to the financial crisis developing under Bush, and that mandating Obama's possibly unwise use of the central bank and QE.

We get it. Conservatives 'didn't build that' unless it becomes problematic then it is all their fault. Progressives/Liberals deserve all the credit for the good stuff but none of the blame. At least you're consistent(ly inconsistent)

You didn't believe that Keynesian economics worked, but it did. Trump continues to take credit for and improved economy while deficit spending.
    You can't thump your chest on Trump's economy and then blame Obama for the debt. Even neo-liberals would smile at that error.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I'm wondering if at the convention the choices are:

The DNC runs Bernie and get a 1972 election result.

The DNC sells the nomination to Mike Bloomberg, end of story.

The DNC makes Hillary the nominee after throwing out all of Bernie's delegates and get a 2016 election result.

FIFY...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You didn't believe that Keynesian economics worked, but it did. Trump continues to take credit for and improved economy while deficit spending.
    You can't thump your chest on Trump's economy and then blame Obama for the debt. Even neo-liberals would smile at that error.

The economy is better but no President really has a chance of ending deficit spending lol. You think if Trump presented a budget cutting a swath through the federal government, employees, useless departments, and a never-ending myriad of 'programs', that the democrats would go along with it?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The economy is better but no President really has a chance of ending deficit spending lol. You think if Trump presented a budget cutting a swath through the federal government, employees, useless departments, and a never-ending myriad of 'programs', that the democrats would go along with it?

Why didn't he do it when he didn't need the Democrats? :dunno:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I believe JMK advocated increased government spending and lower taxes, no? The pols from your side of the aisle seem to advocate for increased spending and increased taxes. Not sure you can call that Keynesian per se but it makes a lovely poison pill for an economy. Has any post war Democrat ever advocated austerity?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There are better things to think about....such as:

Does Dark Matter and Dark Energy really exist?

Will Apple ever develop a better keyboard for their laptops?

Does a woodchuck really like to chuck wood?
    Honestly. I kinda got used to the MBP keyboard. It’s not all that bad. I sorta like it. I don’t like the sound though. I’d be satisfied if Apple stretched out their iPhone keyboard.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    afb021420dAPR20200213034616.jpg

NYT reported that Bloomberg is tweaked by the lil-Mike and the like. They said that a person comfortable in their own skin would no lie on their drivers license. LOL

Attachments

• afb021420dAPR20200213034616.jpg
      afb021420dAPR20200213034616.jpg
      46.3 KB · Views: 5
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom