• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I see where an Irish University has offered Hillary a chancellorship contract for 5 years. Big media comments about this being the first time a woman has been offered the job there. I wonder if somebody with a lot of cash paid for that offer just to get her to move one way or the other relative to a campaign. Expensive intelligence, but not if you're very rich.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Few random thoughts:

DNC going to rip the nomination away from Bernie again. What's the goal? Get people violent and more divided?

Or... keep pushing Bernie, the guy that just had a heart attack. Make the VP be the "real" candidate that you want in office...

Brokered convention likely? Think they'd pick Hillary then?

Also... Marianne Williams just laid off all campaign staff. She's next to drop out.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Few random thoughts:

DNC going to rip the nomination away from Bernie again. What's the goal? Get people violent and more divided?

Or... keep pushing Bernie, the guy that just had a heart attack. Make the VP be the "real" candidate that you want in office...

Brokered convention likely? Think they'd pick Hillary then?

Also... Marianne Williams just laid off all campaign staff. She's next to drop out.

If I was to pick a team to combat Trump, I'd run Bernie for pres. and Yang for VP.

It's legitimately the best chance democrats have. If they let party establishment get into the mix, they might as well not even run for 2020.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I see where an Irish University has offered Hillary a chancellorship contract for 5 years. Big media comments about this being the first time a woman has been offered the job there. I wonder if somebody with a lot of cash paid for that offer just to get her to move one way or the other relative to a campaign. Expensive intelligence, but not if you're very rich.
    Yeah, I can't say that I'm thrilled about that. I'm sure that the fact their William J Clinton Leadership Institute was created in 2011 (William J Clinton Leadership Institute | Queen's University Belfast) played no part in the decision

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    ENS5TOsXYAAXrM7

Meanwhile:

Capture.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-campaign-gop-raised-nearly-a-half-billion-dollars-in-2019

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Notice too that nearly all of their criticisms are towards the billionaires and not millionaires? Wonder why that is? :D

There are approximately 2,000 billionaires world wide. Not sure how many of them live in the US. Certainly not enough to pay for all the free **** the Democrats are promising, even if they were all taxed at 100%.

And if the tax rate were to rise high enough, they'll just move out of the US.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The media is really covering for Biden and all the crap his son is into.

According to newly submitted court documents in Hunter Biden’s paternity case with former stripper Lunden Roberts, Hunter used his deceased brother’s identity to check into a rehab facility and make false statements to the police.

Hunter Biden also “dated” his deceased brother’s wife before impregnating DC stripper Lunden Roberts — what a sick, sick, man!
    Fox News reported that a private investigative firm submitted the two-page document titled, “Notice of Identity Theft” alleging there is a history of stolen identities in order to hide Hunter Biden’s location.

The court papers, which cite a Prescott, Ariz., police report, describe what allegedly happened on the morning of Oct. 28, 2016, when a Hertz rental car employee reportedly received a phone call around 10 a.m. and subsequently discovered “suspicious” items inside one of the rental cars.

“Stolen identities were used to check defendant Robert Hunter Biden into an Arizona facility and providing false statements to the Prescott Police Department,” the document states. “These stolen identities include his deceased brother Joseph R. Beau Biden III, and Joseph McGee.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-identity-to-make-false-statements-to-police/

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    For the democrats to really have a hope of winning they should try to meet three (3) basic criteria:

#1) Who fires up their base the MOST? In a basic sense who will most democrats stand out in the rain for an hour to vote for?
    #2) Who appeals to the people who aren't democrats or republicans? They need someone who can drag a lot of the middle to their side.
    #3) Who do conservatives hate/fear the LEAST? In a basic sense who can they run that republicans won't stand in the rain for an hour to vote against?

While the country is very polarized in many places the ability to win comes down to a surprisingly small percentage difference. Thus, you need the middle to swing at least 55% your way. There might not be many of them but in a divided state that small number may be critical.

Bernie is not a good choice for them, in my opinion. Sure, their base loves him, They will stand for hours to vote for him. But that's it. The middle will be very concerned about his polices and the right will stand for the same amount of time to vote against him.

I don't think Joe is a good choice. He doesn't fire up his party, but neither are republicans terrified of him. His best appeal is to the middle but that is nowhere near enough. He needs democrats to really work for him and I don't think he is the guy for that. They would far rather work for Bernie or Warren.

Of course I could be totally wrong. But as I see it the democrats are left with no really good candidates to beat Trump. Just hating Trump isn't enough, they need someone to fire their base and pull the middle. If the economy is still going great guns in October I don't see much hope no matter who they pick. Bill Clinton was spot on when he said, "It's the economy, stupid."

Regards,

Doug

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Lotsa people hated Obama, but the "Not Obama" campaign was a dumpster fire.

Last edited:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Let's not get too excited. In Q4, Donald Trump raised $46 mil. The top 4 Dem candidates raised $103.1 mil. It is meaningless to compare a year's worth of fundraising to a single quarter.

It is meaningless to compare Trump's fundraising to that of the Dem. candidates at this time but not for that reason. Whichever Dem wins the nomination will almost certainly start the General Election campaign with a 'war chest' at or near $0, while Trump will likely have the full amount raised to that point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom