Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I once blew through a red light at a busy intersection in a small dump truck because the brakes said "nope...too much gravel". Miraculously the cross traffic drivers saw and avoided me.

Those guys are used to loading tri axles.

This Bud's for you....

I once had to haul 2 ton of 57's and 5 skid of pavestone pulling a new holland skid steer and both buckets with an F700 flatbed down GA 400. You couldn't have fit a greased bb in my arse. Never did that again. I thought for sure it was Final Destination type ending for me. I was 22.

Never had a CDL so I haven't driven big stuff. Maybe across a yard, but never on the road. Who wants to let me try their dump truck? Full. But of Jello.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Yeah I need to sit down with some of you guys. I have smoke coming out the holes in my head from the overload lol

Be happy to sit down with you sometime if you need it. If you want to research some yourself, look up "windows 10 hardening tips" for the OS and "basic home network security" for the network. Should say basically the same things we've said here.

Start with using a highly rated password manager. That way you don't have to know your passwords or reuse passwords. If you use Windows 7 or older, upgrade to Windows 10. Anything older isn't supported, so there's a much higher risk of your system being compromised. If you really want to try something different and more secure, you can try using a flavor of Linux. I like Linux Mint, which is pretty similar to Windows XP from a UI standpoint. Very easy to use, but you can encrypt the system, the home folder, or whatever you want on install which helps keep things more secure.

Use Brave or Firefox for a browser with an ad blocker like the built in Brave blocker, or Adblock Plus on Firefox. Turn sharing off, your firewall on and make sure you are using WPA 2 wireless with a strong password. Your wireless router/cable/DSL modem should have the admin password reset to a strong password. If your email or various services you use offer 2 factor / multifactor authentication, use it. Nothing else is coming to me at zero dark thirty in the morning, but you can always PM me if you need to talk any further. Happy to help a brutha out ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    As I was getting into the Spider this morning while leaving breakfast, I heard the unmistakable sound of a Merlin 12 cyl at power. I hopped back out in time to see a beautiful P51 go overhead at about 500 feet alt as it took off from Greenwood Airport. Thats a great way to start the day

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    As I was getting into the Spider this morning while leaving breakfast, I heard the unmistakable sound of a Merlin 12 cyl at power. I hopped back out in time to see a beautiful P51 go overhead at about 500 feet alt as it took off from Greenwood Airport. Thats a great way to start the day

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/-XDGG8QIw2o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom