Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    CM, you have the same anniversary date as my first ill fated marriage. The day b4 my birthday. Glad someone is getting some use out of it. Seems it likes you better than it did me.:yesway:

Last edited:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I'd like to see that and maybe get dimensions or a plan.
    It works for my current setup because I've got a shelf to the left and right of it, so I'm using them to stabilize it and they are what it pivots off of. I have a brace that comes down and supports the weight once it is horizontal. Folding it back up the brace tucks away and I'm taking up an extremely small amount of space. I recently picked up a used 7 1/4 sliding miter saw, which is perfect for quick cuts that I find myself needing to do a lot. Anything bigger and I'll pull the table saw out.
    I'll see if I can remember to get a picture of it when I get home.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    It works for my current setup because I've got a shelf to the left and right of it, so I'm using them to stabilize it and they are what it pivots off of. I have a brace that comes down and supports the weight once it is horizontal. Folding it back up the brace tucks away and I'm taking up an extremely small amount of space. I recently picked up a used 7 1/4 sliding miter saw, which is perfect for quick cuts that I find myself needing to do a lot. Anything bigger and I'll pull the table saw out.
    I'll see if I can remember to get a picture of it when I get home.

I need something I can put wheels on and roll around with a 12" compound miter on it.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I need something I can put wheels on and roll around with a 12" compound miter on it.
    Got it. That would be handy. I was finding things that other people have created for their miter saws, but those things weren't going to work for my needs so I had to come up with something myself. What you are looking for sounds like it would be more straight forward.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Taking tomorrow off (I haven't taken but about a day off of vacation this year due to everything happening) and think I'm going to head to Independence Safe in Noblesville, and make a decision if I am 100% going to go with Johnson safes and wait, or see if Independence will have something I can't say no to. I did a quick call with Independence today and they sounded extremely knowledgeable and like they have a good amount of inventory to look at in person.

Anybody dealt with Independence Safe before? Talking to them on the phone they sounds like the deal mostly in Liberty and Browning. Sounded like he did not have a bunch of Browning in stock currently, but could speak to them. Sounds like they have quite a bit of Liberty in stock.

Will be comparing them against what I saw at Johnson safes.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This baby has been pulling security in my garage.
    Cant believe this is considered "OLD SCHOOL" now.
    This one is set up pretty darn close to the first rifle I used in combat. PAQ4 IR laser, Aimpoint COMP M (before the M2), surefire of coarse, ergo grip, knights rail & grip, Matech rear sight. I cant remember if we.were using knights rears or these back then. Things get scrambled in my head sometimes. We used the knights sights a lot later on.
    Anyways it's close.
    All on a bushmaster "restricted stamped" 14.5" Department of Energy contractor trade in rifle. Even with the old school sling. This baby just begs to be shot and wants more more more.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I decided to try out the full "inexpensive" route and get an MTM rifle rest to go with their shooting bench, suspecting I might be making returns.

The rest's height exaggerates any movement in it and the table and apparently I'm not a fan of having the front and rear rest attached requiring the entire thing to be moved for horizontal adjustments instead of just making slight movements of a rear bag. Also the big ol' red plastic thing embarrasses the "precision shooter" in me.:laugh:

I'll be returning the rest and keeping the table for it's easy portability and using it with a solid bench rest or bags.

bo5SEwN.jpg

If I was the rest of you, I would proceed to make fun of me.:)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I decided to try out the full "inexpensive" route and get an MTM rifle rest to go with their shooting bench, suspecting I might be making returns.

The rest's height exaggerates any movement in it and the table and apparently I'm not a fan of having the front and rear rest attached requiring the entire thing to be moved for horizontal adjustments instead of just making slight movements of a rear bag. Also the big ol' red plastic thing embarrasses the "precision shooter" in me.:laugh:

I'll be returning the rest and keeping the table for it's easy portability and using it with a solid bench rest or bags.

bo5SEwN.jpg

If I was the rest of you, I would proceed to make fun of me.:)

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. I plan to use either my Rock Jr or just bags front and back. Hope to test mine soon, but who knows when I'll get a chance... :dunno:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Put 7 rounds of hardball through the "new" 1911, took two shots to aim low enough to get the rest on the 4 inch steel at 15 yards. I know it's not as good as a new one, but not bad for 104. Springs have been replaced for sure and probably not a long time ago.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom