The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I had to Google "obfuscate" there Mr. Fancy Pants smart guy. ;)

Sorry, I couldn't help myself... :):

One day, years ago we were in a meeting and I used the word nebulous. My friend told me I was making the word up and took great pleasure in giving me crap about it. I went to dictionary.com after the meeting, printed out the definition page and taped it to his monitor. He was more than a little embarrassed, since he'd said that in front of IT and HR management.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Morning!

For those that are like me and don’t care, the Golden Globes were last night. After seeing several articles mentioning Ricky Gervais’ monologue, I went and listened to it. It’s a very enjoyable 8 minutes and ends with a message they needed to hear from one of their own. It worth the listen this morning, made me smile.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself... :):

One day, years ago we were in a meeting and I used the word nebulous. My friend told me I was making the word up and took great pleasure in giving me crap about it. I went to dictionary.com after the meeting, printed out the definition page and taped it to his monitor. He was more than a little embarrassed, since he'd said that in front of IT and HR management.

Amazing when people do that. I don't gauge folks by vocabulary (there are plenty of things I know little or nothing about, and there are plenty of folks with small vocabularies that we should really listen to more), but when someone volunteers loudly to display their stupidity (and in the case you mentioned it would have been ignorance had he done it differently, but he turned it into stupidity by the way he displayed it), it gets difficult not to.

I have no issue asking questions to learn, but it always amazes me when folks want to throw down on something they admittedly know nothing about.

Like the quote attributed to Mark Twain: "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morning!

For those that are like me and don’t care, the Golden Globes were last night. After seeing several articles mentioning Ricky Gervais’ monologue, I went and listened to it. It’s a very enjoyable 8 minutes and ends with a message they needed to hear from one of their own. It worth the listen this morning, made me smile.

Golden globes? Ricky Gervais?

I hate it when people use big words that I don’t know the meaning of.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning!

Agreed. Anyone who hasn't taken the time to watch it should do so.

Amazing when people do that. I don't gauge folks by vocabulary (there are plenty of things I know little or nothing about, and there are plenty of folks with small vocabularies that we should really listen to more), but when someone volunteers loudly to display their stupidity (and in the case you mentioned it would have been ignorance had he done it differently, but he turned it into stupidity by the way he displayed it), it gets difficult not to.

I have no issue asking questions to learn, but it always amazes me when folks want to throw down on something they admittedly know nothing about.

Like the quote attributed to Mark Twain: "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Yes, that quote fit that situation perfectly... :):

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

This sits near my office chair.

c3474dd7e4b9cf0def3c17d3294a49ef.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning!

I watched his intro.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Once there was a time when I was part gangster , and part cowboy. I wore that leather 10-gallon until it eventually fell apart .... notice the admiring gaze from the girl on the right. :naughty:

i-CSkZJTt-XL.jpg

Courtesy; the MM photo archive --- gangster / cowboy chapter

Fire pit full of large geodes, got to be Monroe county somewhere.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You did well sir.

I on the other hand went back to being the full on mouse of old. I had to delete and edit a few posts in the Holcomb thread. Refugees my ass.

After reading over much of that thread I can see I should have introduced my "reason for why things are the way they are".

Always follow the money

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning!

I enjoyed that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom