The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Finishing up an install of a new Rocky Mountain sight on the long barrel Uberti 1873 this evening. These black on black sights are hard to work with these days. I've got an old one on one of the Lightnings and it did much better than this Uberti.

Last edited:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Finishing up an install of a new Rocky Mountain sight on the long barrel Uberti 1873 this evening. These black on black sights are hard to work with these days. I've got an old one on one of the Lightnings and it did much better than this Uberti.
    My eyes are not fond of black on black these days. Old military sights were designed for 18 year old eyes, and none of us are 18 anymore. :laugh:

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    These people were on the county road, endless procession of drug customers driving crazy, leaving trash behind, moving around on everybody's ground looking of ginseng or scrap. Thought that maybe after their living area burned and they went to prison it was over, but a trailer has appeared and it looks like they are returning.

Check this ISP website to see if the address is listed as a contaminated property. If so, you can report that someone is inhabiting illegally. There is also a tab for reporting suspicious activity.
    https://www.in.gov/meth/

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll make a safe guess that they are already on the local cops radar. I don't know what the stats are for people getting out of the drug business, pretty small percentage probably.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    People in this business being close by are always a problem. In my old neighborhood, drug people hit a house two lots down the street one night looking for cash and a kid who owed them money. Our house numbers were close to the same with only the numbers backwards. It ended badly with the dad getting shot and paralyzed.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Shortly after the boss dealer's arrest the law was at his place turning it upside-down with a bobcat. When I drove down to see what all the equipment racket was, I was told by a uniformed sheriff to leave. I did mention that my ground bordered the place they were digging and was told to leave again with the words "crime scene". Later in the year the junior dealers set up a shed out in the woods and moved in, selling from there.

It would be a damn shame if someone dumped a bunch of old time asbestos siding on that plot and therefore permanently contaminated it from any official new renters.
    Youd think the meth would have caused the health department to close it down.
    Or are these just illegal squatters?

I've heard (but don't know) that sometimes the contamination/EPA route can be easier to get to handle this type of thing than other legal means. Not sure if that's true or not.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom