The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    One good thing about cold weather over the years is that physically I generate a lot more heat than the gardener. She stays close in winter.:naughty:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I’ll take the heat. **** the cold!

Being born and raised in North Florida, I generally agree. Definitely prefer not having to think too hard about which pair of cargo shorts to put on, or about how much slick, slop is going to be on the road.

That said, can't say I'd move back due to many other considerations, though I could handle somewhere south of here.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    And it's clearly your fault that I'm eyeing the walking cane .22LR you have in the classies. Hmmm...if I could just get you to pick up the Kidd single stage trigger on page 2 of the accessories classies for me.....

Dammit...Areoflyer09 marked it SPF...I must have bought it. At least I know what the C-More red dot I bought a few weeks ago is going on.:laugh:

Looks like I'll be shooting some of the steel challenge matches in the rimfire rifle optics class.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Being born and raised in North Florida, I generally agree. Definitely prefer not having to think too hard about which pair of cargo shorts to put on, or about how much slick, slop is going to be on the road.

That said, can't say I'd move back due to many other considerations, though I could handle somewhere south of here.

Bugs and snakes would be a problem with the gardener living in Florida. We saw one of my great nephews over the holidays who lives in Australia, that place seems like it's infested with bad bugs and two step snakes.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hopefully he is safe with all of the fires they are having.

He talked about the fires, but scared the gardener with bad critter stories. She thought that the copperheads, rattlesnakes and black widows we have here were a problem.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    My theory is in the cold I can always have more blankets and layers, but in the heat you can only get so naked! :laugh:

Usually I phrase it as “I can always add more layers, but after a while of taking off layers it becomes a crime or offensive.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He said that the funnel web spiders are the worst, aggressive with jaws strong enough to bite through your shoe and two step venom.

I tend to leave spiders alone if they stay off the beaten paths around here. If they venture indoors it is on. Since we have been getting our fire wood directly from the woods and stacking it in the woodshop (Walled in carport attached to the house) we are seeing some seriously badass spiders. Seems we are importing them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom