The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Premier Body Armor has their ballistic panels on sale for 15% off this weekend.
    Do I jump, and get one for my Gamut backpack ?
    Yes, I think so ...... it's only money, and my wife will make more ! :rockwoot:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    That sounded terrible (last sentence, above).
    I do have my own money, ya know !

I'm so glad that the rain has stopped. Also glad that it wasn't snow !
    Today, I'm going to dedicate to some gun photography.

Y'all, keep on truckin', ya hear !

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just met a CZicko and an Ingo member.
    Spitfire is at a new home and the CopperHead is back with me.
    Also have a seriously nice bag I will be setting up as a BOB today.
    The Phantom will be changing addresses this week as well.

The pantsless Hiway is back up and rolling.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I went back forth over the options and as much I prefer rifles and real stocks, for my wants a pistol just made more sense. And this way I get to keep a very similar manual of arms between the two.

Ruger has yet to release a pistol version of the PC9. Despite the fact I have a slightly longer barrel than I wanted (10”), it’s still 6-9” shorter than a PC9.

If all you want is a PCC, the PC9 is a solid option. I don’t like parts about it like the take down aspect, but that’s a preference thing.

I appreciate your thoughts. I'm really torn myself, because the PC9 looks really good for the price, but I don't know if it's anything I really need or want. I rarely use my Sub2k, but it's mostly due to the stock sucking hard. Otherwise it's a reasonably nice gun.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That sounded terrible (last sentence, above).
    I do have my own money, ya know !

I'm so glad that the rain has stopped. Also glad that it wasn't snow !
    Today, I'm going to dedicate to some gun photography.

Y'all, keep on truckin', ya hear !
    We all know you and know you are a good man. You worked hard your whole life too when you could and now you are retired. Enjoy it my friend.
    We need to get together and take some gun pics or whatever. That photo equiptment you have fascinates me.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    30 minutes early to a meet. Drinking coffee and reading INGO. Same thing I would be doing at home.

Need to clean some guns and reorganize the safe today. I’m sure there’s room in there for at least a few more. It’s not full if you can still easily shut the door, right?

Words to live by.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I appreciate your thoughts. I'm really torn myself, because the PC9 looks really good for the price, but I don't know if it's anything I really need or want. I rarely use my Sub2k, but it's mostly due to the stock sucking hard. Otherwise it's a reasonably nice gun.

I had a Sub2k for about a week. I never shot it. Dropped the bolt the first time and managed to take a chunk out of my thumb, it went up for sale after that. Lol

I think enough of us have PCCs now we could have a pretty good comparison at the next gala.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had a Sub2k for about a week. I never shot it. Dropped the bolt the first time and managed to take a chunk out of my thumb, it went up for after that. Lol

I think enough of us have PCCs now we could have a pretty good comparison at the next gala.

No knock on the owners of these but Sub 2K's suck. JMHO and this is from personal experiences. Not one solid thing about them is cool. Again......JMHO so that and $1.50 will get you a cup of :coffee: at the corner joint.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    No knock on the owners of these but Sub 2K's suck. JMHO and this is from personal experiences. Not one solid thing about them is cool. Again......JMHO so that and $1.50 will get you a cup of :coffee: at the corner joint.

I can’t disagree with you.

I find I like the concepts that Kel-Tec comes up with, but they just don’t have the implementation down. They would make a great new product divison for a different company, provided the other company handles fit, finish and production. Lol

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

I have an AR9 pistol and an AR9 carbine (PCC). The pistol is nice for sweeping the house and with it's folding stock and a backpack I can CC it although in all honesty, I expect that to be a rarity.

I get bored quickly with them at the range without a good and plentiful steel setup for fast shooting. Because of that I decided to use one in steel challenge matches but found that "AR9 pistols" are not allowed and thus the carbine was built...and it is a blast at the matches. Expect to go through LOTS of ammo fast practicing.

Shorter version...pistol length for SD and concealability, carbine length for matches. If you just want one for a range toy have lots of steel available and matches are a great way to access good steel setups.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I had a Sub2k for about a week. I never shot it. Dropped the bolt the first time and managed to take a chunk out of my thumb, it went up for sale after that. Lol

I'll bring mine.
    jpjIk6Jh.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    For enlightenment of the ignorant among us, what's the difference between and AR and a Sub2k other than the shape of the hand guard?

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    For enlightenment of the ignorant among us, what's the difference between and AR and a Sub2k other than the shape of the hand guard?

Someone else can probably give a better answer. Just my general thoughts on the Sub2K.

The Sub2k folds in half where the barrel meets the receiver. Optics pretty much make the folding part non-usable. It seems the design goals were as light as possible and the ability to fit in a backpack. They just don’t seem to be quite as user friendly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom