Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm not in the trees, but Owen Putnam State Forest has me surrounded !
    When it warms up a mite, I'm going back to wheelbarrowing a bunch of bucked-up wood out of my woods.
    The caretaker cut it for me, but it's my job to haul it out and stack it. Next summer, it'll be split, providing lots of campfire wood.

Rain tonight....and I have things to do at my real home....so I'm outta here in a few hours.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Deer season wasn't good this year, didn't see much on the cameras or much sign. A really dry late summer here pushes animals off the ridges and down into the valleys of the HNF where there's more water and lush understory. Did hear an explosion of ar fire somewhere far off to the south right at dark.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Morning all... :coffee:

I've been that sick before, but thankfully this time was all vomit. Odd to be thankful, but there it is.

I'm feeling better today, especially if it steers us clear of last night's topics... :):

Yep, I made you do it... ;)

Yeah, switches from Mom and the belt from Dad. These little snowflakes would need therapy. Oddly enough, it was growing up knowing there were those consequences that helped me to grow into someone who knew to follow the rules (well, mostly). I fear for our society without that.
    Yep the leather belts sucked too. Dad would take it right off and use it. Then i remember he finally left the old one one for mom to use. If you jumped around or they missed it would hit the back or the legs and damn that sucked.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm not in the trees, but Owen Putnam State Forest has me surrounded !
    When it warms up a mite, I'm going back to wheelbarrowing a bunch of bucked-up wood out of my woods.
    The caretaker cut it for me, but it's my job to haul it out and stack it. Next summer, it'll be split, providing lots of campfire wood.

Rain tonight....and I have things to do at my real home....so I'm outta here in a few hours.
    Be safe. Dont overdue it

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Yep the leather belts sucked too. Dad would take it right off and use it. Then i remember he finally left the old one one for mom to use. If you jumped around or they missed it would hit the back or the legs and damn that sucked.

Not a boomer, but I sure as heck know what a willow switch is. Hell, I still remember the time my dad happen to have a quarter whip in his hand. That was the last time I acted up while working with the horses.
    The wife on the other hand, she'd get grounded or sent to her room, and it shows.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Seems like I’m the only one in here who was never spanked as a kid. My mom just had to raise her speaking voice a few decibels (think if you’re talking to someone across a room) and I would cry and say “please don’t talk loud.” :dunno:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Be safe. Dont overdue it

You know it, my friend !
    Actually, I'm not supposed to do this kind of thing at all....my doctor would disapprove. But, I feel like I should get some strenuous exercise now and then.
    If they find my body in the trees, know that I died happy !

It's almost 40 degrees out.... time to get to work !

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That was my experience with my first wife. She used to get on my case all the time for spanking her son. Said her Dad never raised his voice at her or her sisters and that she never got spanked. A few years into the marriage, her brothers and sisters were all over for a summer cookout and the question of spanking was raised. My wife proclaimed that her Dad never spanked anyone, to the amusement of her brothers. It seems that they were always a bit jealous of the girls, since none of them were ever spanked but the boys were both often spanked as punishment. My wife was shocked that her Dad ever spanked anyone. Found that amusing.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I was spanked, paddled, and sometimes hit with whatever was in reaching distance. I wasn't abused by any means, but I quickly saw the error of my ways and did not have many repeats.

There was a willow tree at my grandparents. We had to cut our own switches and bring them to my grandma. You learned quick that the thicker the whip, the less it curled around your front side.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    That was my experience with my first wife. She used to get on my case all the time for spanking her son. Said her Dad never raised his voice at her or her sisters and that she never got spanked. A few years into the marriage, her brothers and sisters were all over for a summer cookout and the question of spanking was raised. My wife proclaimed that her Dad never spanked anyone, to the amusement of her brothers. It seems that they were always a bit jealous of the girls, since none of them were ever spanked but the boys were both often spanked as punishment. My wife was shocked that her Dad ever spanked anyone. Found that amusing.

:laugh: that's how I am with my girls. It's hard to punish them by spankings, luckily they are very rarely warranted. I feel like it would be different if I had a son. But idk. The wife gets upset if I even raise my voice.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    My wife was never spanked. I don't think our daughter has ever been spanked but she has always been well behaved. Our son has gotten it a few times, but it was typically just if he was disrespectful to his mom or put his hands on his little sister. My wife did not care for it, but he changed his behavior pretty quick. The memory of it hurts worse than the actual punishment.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Not a boomer, but I sure as heck know what a willow switch is. Hell, I still remember the time my dad happen to have a quarter whip in his hand. That was the last time I acted up while working with the horses.
    The wife on the other hand, she'd get grounded or sent to her room, and it shows.
    Yep i guess im genX. But my parents were older than all the kids parents my age. I think my dad was born in 1941 and was a vietnam vet. Grandpa was a WWII vet.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Seems like I’m the only one in here who was never spanked as a kid. My mom just had to raise her speaking voice a few decibels (think if you’re talking to someone across a room) and I would cry and say “please don’t talk loud.” :dunno:
    If you wanna know what its like we can put you over a knee :laugh:
    Tdogg is first though ;)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You know it, my friend !
    Actually, I'm not supposed to do this kind of thing at all....my doctor would disapprove. But, I feel like I should get some strenuous exercise now and then.
    If they find my body in the trees, know that I died happy !

It's almost 40 degrees out.... time to get to work !
    Yep I know you shouldnt thats why im saying that. Trust me I do stuff I shouldnt do a lot because as we know, reality vs advice are two different things. Hell my doc told me not to lift a gallon of milk. Could you inagine not lifting anythjng that weighs 10 pounds or more? How can you live like that?
    Im with you. If i go or get paralized it will be on my terms

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom