Not open for further replies.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I don't know how far south you are but I have a wizardized CZ P-01 if you would like to shoot it. Think PCR with a rail. I will probably sell it at some point.
    I'm in Columbus but sometimes head to Seymour for an indoor range.
    On another topic, I ordered a few more steel targets and target paint tonight. The target paint contains a LOT more solids and covers a steel plate much better than other paints.

1. 'Morning gmcttr!
    2. I have wondered about the nuances between the PCR and the P-07 (had the P-07 in my hand twice, but not shot).
    3. Interested not in it's range abilities, but as a possible larger CC.
    4. Both are very similar in size with the PCR having a slight height advantage for CC. (less height by .3").

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve been contemplating an early retirement lately. The wife is not on board with this idea. An early retirement would let me shoot every day, but it would also mean that I could not afford to shoot at all, so that idea was quickly put to rest.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I’ve been contemplating an early retirement lately. The wife is not on board with this idea. An early retirement would let me shoot every day, but it would also mean that I could not afford to shoot at all, so that idea was quickly put to rest.
    Yeah, being poor doesn't have much appeal. I'm already poor so it would mean living under and overpass.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. I'm right there with you. The wife was surprised I was going out at 66 when I always said I would go to 70 if the health was good.
    2. Something happened in my brain in the Fall. I think my hip replacement in the summer worked on me and I have yet another I'm putting off.
    3. Made me think about how I wanted to spend my days from now till 70.
    4. My money flow is not going to be as good as I thought b/c of mistakes in computations on my part, but close enough I want to go for it.
    5. The basics are not a problem, but "the hobby" will have to be reigned in. I have spent $1000 since the beginning of the year for ammo and targets and just can't do that when retired next summer. I don't count the price of buying a gun b/c lately I've been buying with money from selling, and trimming at the same time (mostly talk of trimming, but my overall gun count is below what it was last year: progress!). :laugh:
    6. Retirement is sobering b/c I've gotten used to being "rich" (my standards) with top of the teacher pay scale and no debt (until I updated my wife's car).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom