29100b609df62f60aa6661569e0f51c4.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've been getting bak into hobbies I had stepped away from, like playing around with a Linux system. Plus, I may be in line to fix an older all-in-one computer that crapped out about 2 years ago. I have a new UHD decoding board inbound that hopefully puts this back into service again.

Which Linux are you playing with? I've been using Mint off and on for years and it's been the OS on my main computer for the last 6 months or so. Nice that I can set it up the way I want it and then just do my day to day with no issues. It's working as well for me as Windows, except some of my games are a tiny bit more laggy under Linux than Windows. Not unplayable though. I updated it a month or so ago and it took a couple button clicks and about 10 minutes. I was very impressed.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Which Linux are you playing with? I've been using Mint off and on for years and it's been the OS on my main computer for the last 6 months or so. Nice that I can set it up the way I want it and then just do my day to day with no issues. It's working as well for me as Windows, except some of my games are a tiny bit more laggy under Linux than Windows. Not unplayable though. I updated it a month or so ago and it took a couple button clicks and about 10 minutes. I was very impressed.
    Mint 20.4. So far, so good with it. I've been running it off of a bootable stick until I get the system put together. I think that the mb I'm using is bad, so I need to order a replacement

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom