Here's one I hadn't heard of before.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Spent twice as long at the range today than I planned. Cold weather and slow precise shooting really make for a long trip.

Finished off the last of the 77 SMK bullets I had for the Howa 223 with a bullet seating depth test. The idea here is finding the seating depth that reduces horizontal spreading the most. Vertical spreading is controlled/affected by velocity. I'm sure there's a far better, more technical and accurate explanation somewhere online, but this is the way I understand it in my simple mind. Of course, the shooter can directly affect results and skew them.

0.010" and 0.030" have the least amount of horizontal spread.

View attachment 181721

20 break in rounds with the Howa 6.5 Creedmoor using S&B 140gr SP. I also realized I hadn't bore sighted the scope, so there's one round off target and one at about 2:00.

View attachment 181722

Original plans were 100 rounds of S&B, followed by Hornady, but due to the cold and good initial results with the S&B, I felt like the barrel was looking pretty good already. So, I reduced it down to 50 rounds of S&B instead. For a total of 70 rounds of 6.5CM fired today. Nice rifle, softer shooting than the .308, more of a "firm push" than a "hard hit" in regard to felt recoil. I like it.

View attachment 181724

Dedication ,,, respect ! :rockwoot:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Here's one I hadn't heard of before.

If I didn't already have one; I'd be on my way to Whitestown.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Sgt. Ojana, of the Czechoslovak People's Army had just finished his watch, when the RPG struck the outside wall of his encampment. Chunks of brick and mortar whizzed-off his helmet. Thankfully, it was Kevlar, and the shrapnel couldn't pierce its' 1/2" thick shell.
    That day, the Sarge laid down his Pre-B CZ75, and his Warsaw Pact Bakelite-handled AK bayonet. It was the same day his Army commitment had ended. He owed his life to this helmet !

*(this story is not meant to resemble any person, living or dead) ;)

i-MzPhkDN-XL.jpg

*However, all of the items in this photo are authentic !!! :alright:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Sgt. Ojana, of the Czechoslovak People's Army had just finished his watch, when the RPG struck the outside wall of his encampment. Chunks of brick and mortar whizzed-off his helmet. Thankfully, it was Kevlar, and the shrapnel couldn't pierce its' 1/2" thick shell.
    That day, the Sarge laid down his Pre-B CZ75, and his Warsaw Pact Bakelite-handled AK bayonet. It was the same day his Army commitment had ended. He owed his life to this helmet !

*(this story is not meant to resemble any person, living or dead) ;)

i-MzPhkDN-XL.jpg

*However, all of the items in this photo are authentic !!! :alright:
    That 75 looks familiar.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom