Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I was going to say normal covid,but I don't think there is a definition for that. Coughs, fever, aches, the usual things I would expect with flu.
    Sorry to hear that. Bad enough dealing with winter blahs. I still have a lingering cough that shows up at random times of the day. Nothing major, but annoying.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    - Second focal plane for E3 reticle, meh. I'd rather have FFP (my preference).
    - Side parallax adjustment with the E3 reticle, good.
    - Illumination, good.
    - E3 reticle is a "ballistic reticle", so the subtensions "might" line up for whatever cartridge your using, or they might not and become a guessing game at that point. I also can't find the dimension of that center illuminated crosshair portion.
    - The exposed turrets being low profile, uncapped and yet have zero stops? Seems like they should have just capped them, skipped the zero stop and let the shooter use the reticle (which is what it seems like the scope is geared towards). I would think if they aren't capped, they would be geared more towards dialing in your target versus using the subtensions of the reticle. But for a scope with that magnification range and exposed turrets, shouldn't they be tall turrets for ease of use?

My opinion, it's a strange set of features all combined together. If you like a Second Focal Plane scope, if you like the magnification range, if you like the reticle design and you aren't going to be dialing the turrets all the time (set it and forget it), then it should work for you. The price is certainly good and generally Burris is regarded as being "quality" and not junk.

FROM BURRIS WEBSITE:

The Ballistic E3 from Burris is a rear focal plane reticle calibrated for traditional, magnum and varmint loads.

When crosshairs are set for zero at 100 yards each line on the lower vertical crosshair will be calibrated for 200, 300 and 400 yards respectively. This is of course for the average caliber. To find your exact bullet drop for this reticle input your ballistic and environmental data into our ballistic calculator.

Cascading dots help adjust for a 10-m.p.h. crosswind for the average caliber. To find your exact windage holds for this reticle input your ballistic and environmental data into our ballistic calculator.

e3-moa.png

I see what you're saying..... too many mysteries with this scope. I shall 'pass' !
    Thanks !

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Gardener unhapppy. After a recon we have to start digging now if we are going to be able to travel to son's wedding tomorrow. Both of us have covid so not sure travel is a good idea let alone serious digging.
    Have you ever considered keeping a set of studded tires on rims just for these situations?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks! They bumped my start date from 28th to 21st! We'll see if that vacation burn request is approved to take the week of 14-18 off.

Again, I love what I do and the company I work for but my current boss needs to be in my rearview. If this were 15th century bay area he'd be overboard with Goldie Hawn.
    I am often confused at the people picked to manage other people.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The tractor with ag tires on it has a hard time in conditions like this so I'm reluctant to gamble with vehicles. Anything I leave at the foot of the hill won't have a catalytic converter left on it in a matter of hours after Nagina's customers see it. With her niece's husband dying from covid over the holidays the gardener really doesn't even want me out in the cold although I did do a recon this morning.

When you go down a hill sideways on a piece of equipment picking up speed as you go and essentially just being a passenger, the pucker factor is strong. Each impact that stops the rear tire briefly causes the opposite side to come off the ground a little. Makes you wonder if it's going to roll the rest of the way down. Up to that point I had slid sideways some while operating equipment, but 400 feet at what ever bobsled speed I was traveling was a record breaker.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    The tractor with ag tires on it has a hard time in conditions like this so I'm reluctant to gamble with vehicles. Anything I leave at the foot of the hill won't have a catalytic converter left on it in a matter of hours after Nagina's customers see it. With her niece's husband dying from covid over the holidays the gardener really doesn't even want me out in the cold although I did do a recon this morning.

When you go down a hill sideways on a piece of equipment picking up speed as you go and essentially just being a passenger, the pucker factor is strong. Each impact that stops the rear tire briefly causes the opposite side to come off the ground a little. Makes you wonder if it's going to roll the rest of the way down. Up to that point I had slid sideways some while operating equipment, but 400 feet at what ever bobsled speed I was traveling was a record breaker.

Did you at least say "weeeeeee!" ?

Pucker factor indeed. I've had a ride like that In A skid steer before. Tighter than a dolphins blowhole I was

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom