• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The gardener is checking out the hill later today, told her under no circumstance is a vehicle of any kind to be used. I'm in no condition to push an ATV back up the hill through the woods like last year, we would just have to chain it to a tree until it thaws back out..

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    The gardener is checking out the hill later today, told her under no circumstance is a vehicle of any kind to be used. I'm in no condition to push an ATV back up the hill through the woods like last year, we would just have to chain it to a tree until it thaws back out..
    Maybe she needs one of these for climbing her hill.
    50430508-514-all-new-state-of-the-art-Rock-crawler-LS-min.jpg

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Still light snow here and some wind. Heading out for clean-up #3....after I look at a couple Original Bob Sleds...frickin' CZicko tax....
    I'll be going for trip number 3 as well. It's been snowing steady here. I went out with the kids for a little bit and pulled them around on the sled. The snow is very powdery and is perfect for sledding. As I was pulling them around my daughter says to her brother "Imagine we are on a ride called Snow Much Fun!" I thought that was pretty clever.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Maybe she needs one of these for climbing her hill.
    50430508-514-all-new-state-of-the-art-Rock-crawler-LS-min.jpg

Probably would not work any better, last year as I started clearing the grade with the tractor (farm size,4 WD Kubota not compact) it started getting stuck on the slope. Tried using the bucket to push it back up the slope and using the diflock, tractor turned broadside and started sliding down the slope picking up speed. Tried a few different things while making the 1100 foot trip to the bottom, but I was pretty much just a passenger, fortunately avoiding the ravine at the bottom. Tried going back up in various directions, only to have the same issue, turn broadside and back to the bottom. I decided to pick my way through the woods instead and finally got back up to the barn only to find that the gardener had gone down the slope on the ATV and was having similar problems. Had to push the ATV up the trail I used with the tractor to get back up to the top.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    OK. Where to start.
    Not sure how much time is left on my contract but know I will spend it as wisely as I am allowed.
    It's been a really long and most unique run for the mouse and my crew. WE have been seen and done most everything we ever cared too. I have been and still am surrounded with the unconditional love of my kids and the most wonderful friends a person could ever ask for. I am blessed in so many ways.

Love and respect out to you all.

Big Chief....I've struggled since last night, to know what to say. Although I'm not very wise about such things, I have an ally, a teacher who is. He's advised me many times in the last (15) years, through his writings. So I call on him to speak to you. And although Buddhism is likely not the chosen vehicle for most of us gangsters, it's actually remarkably similar to Christianity.
    Please know that you're valued, respected, and yes, loved by this group. You'll always be in our hearts, and in reality, you aren't going anywhere.

On death
    “Our greatest fear is that when we die we will become nothing. Many of us believe that our entire existence is only a life span beginning the moment we are born or conceived and ending the moment we die. We believe that we are born from nothing and when we die we become nothing. And so we are filled with fear of annihilation.

“The Buddha has a very different understanding of our existence. It is the understanding that birth and death are notions. They are not real. The fact that we think they are true makes a powerful illusion that causes our suffering. The Buddha taught that there is no birth; there is no death; there is no coming; there is no going; there is no same; there is no different; there is no permanent self; there is no annihilation. We only think there is. When we understand that we cannot be destroyed, we are liberated from fear. It is a great relief. We can enjoy life and appreciate it in a new way.”

This body is not me. I am not limited by this body.
    I am life without boundaries.
    I have never been born,
    And I have never died.

~ Thich Nhat Hanh

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I cleared our driveway this morning. By the time I finished I had to clear it again. Came in and ate breakfast. I will go out soon and clear it again. Fun with snow.
    I've been home all day, but back to back work calls for the entire time. I'll be getting out there in about an hour to see how bad it is... not looking forward to it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom