Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Something to warm yourself up with:

Damn. I remember :oldwise: when those used to be half that price… Shoulda picked one up when I really wanted one…

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Damn. I remember :oldwise: when those used to be half that price… Shoulda picked one up when I really wanted one…

Yea; I'd feel a little better (given today's market) at $750 but since its your money....

This is the one I am going to order after the lottery win happens. Always wanted a Vetterli...

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    It’s fun. I keep telling myself every year that I’m gonna get a thrower for this old Horse, but I never do…. Those things are impressive.
    My Bolens came with 2. Depending on what my guy has to do to get everything working i might have one leftover.
    With a blade, some chains, and a way to hang a couple tubes of sand on the back you can move a serious pile of snow with a small lawn tractor.
    Yup. I picked up a Bolens back in 2014 after my plow truck was totaled. It had chains, wheel weights, and i filled the tires with wiper fluid. That thing was begging for more snow even with a 60” atv plow.

My new one has V treads though, curious to see if those make any difference. Ill be running chains but i dont have any weights yet.
    3FDD688A-1DCB-4F7E-BFD7-625E8F217F0A.png

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Cleared the first 4-5” of snow. That’s some heavy dang snow.

I’ll probably hit it again around 10pm.

Manual shovel. No starting issues. No choke problem. No gas to buy. Always ready. :-)

24d624ce1a438f1312eb1ffab596f7d6.gif
    Back on the white monsters again I see.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Yea; I'd feel a little better (given today's market) at $750 but since its your money....

This is the one I am going to order after the lottery win happens. Always wanted a Vetterli...

Go ahead and get me one too. It’s also on my list…

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    With a blade, some chains, and a way to hang a couple tubes of sand on the back you can move a serious pile of snow with a small lawn tractor.
    I’ve got chains, no weight. But I could use it… give her the old lean back as much as I can, but it just breaks the tires loose. Need a locking diff lol. The old Wheel Horse does pretty good, but when it gets heavy, it won’t push it anymore… I’ve moved a damn good but of snow with it since I bought it several years ago. I need to actually spend some time on it and make it better.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    OK. Where to start.
    Consult with my team today. Much was discussed. The issues I am having with the open wound that is allowing the drain off of the liquid mass they found on the 1st pet scan months ago is become an issue towards taking any more cancer treatments of any kind. The wound has to heal in total before I can start back on the treatments.
    I was scheduled to start the oral maint. on 25 January that would have maintained the tumors that have shrank. This is not a end all but a time buying procedure. 6+ months was an estimate, but more was possible.
    They held off on the treatment until we could see what was going on with the drainage. It has slowed significantly but the wound has to close and heal before I can proceed. This could take a couple of months. In that time the tumors will not be patient and most likely will grow back past the point where any oral approach to treatment will not work.
    So, as I have decided not to ever again take that horrible chemo they had me on it looks like I have caught my final wave.
    Not sure how much time is left on my contract but know I will spend it as wisely as I am allowed.
    It's been a really long and most unique run for the mouse and my crew. WE have been seen and done most everything we ever cared too. I have been and still am surrounded with the unconditional love of my kids and the most wonderful friends a person could ever ask for. I am blessed in so many ways.

Love and respect out to you all.
    I'm sorry to hear this Churchmouse.
    Though we never got to know each other very much, you've been in my thoughts and prayers all along with this.
    You're a good guy and I hate that this has happened to you.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    So.......12 frickin' hours later I made it to Iowa. Count 'em - 12.

The whole state of Illinois was an average of 35-40mph. Some actual No movement, maybe 4 times. 1 time for an hour-ish.
    Longest day ever. I am so beat right now. Big trucks all wrecked and jack-knifed, cars in ditches. Worst part was Bloomington, IL. Alllllllmost stopped, but removed ice off wipers and kept rollin'. Hard freekin' day, kids...hard day.
    I'm glad you made it back safely Deacon!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom