churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

This week's weather is going to be interesting. Adding up the ranges of snow predicted on one site puts it as 13 to 21 inches of snow. But, another has it as 2.4 inches. HMWIS is still unsure. Either way, I need to prep the snow blower and bring in firewood. I may need to lay in a supply of French toast ingredients too. I don't really like French toast but there may be snow coming.
    I told Manny to get the snow blower prepped. He did the oil and such, but it will not start. Told him the carb is most likely the culprit. He got that "Deer" in the headlights look about him so I guess I will be pulling it off and cleaning it up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Never knew how complicated carbs were until I rebuilt my first Rochester Quadrajet, there's a blast from the past Mouse.;)
    Those could be daunting especially compared to a Carter AFB/AVS.
    I screwed a few up before I was shown the way by a couple of friends that were SS drag racers. The class required using the carbs the factory put on those specific engines. Those SS racers are geniuses at getting the most from the Q-Jet. So many little tricks and corners to cut.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ahh…the venerable quadrajunk.

Might be the driving force behind the common use of fuel injection. Ha!
    Tinkering with the Vac operated secondaries to get that all to pleasing dump when those big throttle plates went full open was the key. Flip the air breather top pan over as well. Loved the sound.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Tinkering with the Vac operated secondaries to get that all to pleasing dump when those big throttle plates went full open was the key. Flip the air breather top pan over as well. Loved the sound.
    Had a 73 Caddy Coupe that had a 4 bbl Rochester in high school. I wasn't a very good wrench back then but with cherry bomb and flipping the top pan over it sounded like a hotrod. Those were the days. It was too heavy to get out of its own way but it sounded badass.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

This was my first performance mod before I had a driver's license.

Second was to hacksaw off the exhaust in the driveway and bolt on some glass packs.

Third, I think, was probably shiny wheels...no...it was probably air shocks on the back to fit big fat tires.

The summer before I turned 16, I worked in the garage of the family business doing PM on the trucks or whatever crappy job they could figure out to give the "boss' kid". I didn't spend a penny - saved it all for car stuff.

Was also the same summer I was deemed old enough to access the contents of the "other" refrigerator in the back of the parts room.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Had a 73 Caddy Coupe that had a 4 bbl Rochester in high school. I wasn't a very good wrench back then but with cherry bomb and flipping the top pan over it sounded like a hotrod. Those were the days. It was too heavy to get out of its own way but it sounded badass.
    That's a pretty awesome first car. My youngest wants to find himself an early 70's caddy. Apparently, they have quite a following,

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Keeping the Kubota 3030 in the garage to be ready to plow. The heat in the cab works so well I could move snow all day in my underwear. And no, I don’t plow in my underwear. Maybe pajamas…..

My snow removal equipment is out and ready to go. Unused this season, as you can see.

I’m a little worried about the crack in the blade but I’ll run it till it won’t run no more.

a7b602b19ff40987d1858413d498476d.jpg

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    My snow removal equipment is out and ready to go. Unused this season, as you can see.

I’m a little worried about the crack in the blade but I’ll run it till it won’t run no more.

a7b602b19ff40987d1858413d498476d.jpg
    I would recommend that you get one of those shovels that is like a little snow plow. They work great and save your back.

Edit:
    Similar to this:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    That's a pretty awesome first car. My youngest wants to find himself an early 70's caddy. Apparently, they have quite a following,
    To be honest, it was my second car. My first car was a 70 Cutlass. Wrapped it around a corner post and the ole man said nope not again and was pretty much forced on the Caddy.
    I did use your 3rd upgrade on it too and put air shocks on it. My auto mechanics teacher laughed so hard at it he dumped his coffee first time he seen it. Didnt care tho I thought it was cool.
    Yes they do have a following. All leather interior and could carry 8 people easily. We would go to France Park in the summer for cliff jumping and would take 8 buddys and put 7 in the trunk about a mile before the entrance. I pocketed half the entrance fees, covered gas. Never got caught, great memories..

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Im going to look at some snow removal equipment myself after work. Theres a Bolens 1669 hydro local for $600 and i happen to know the guy selling it. Brand new tires all around, comes with a snowblower, and a mower deck since i have ~3 acres im going to have to mow at the haunted house. Supposedly everything worked when it was parked 2 years ago so we’ll see.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    This was my first performance mod before I had a driver's license. YES ME TOO

Second was to hacksaw off the exhaust in the driveway and bolt on some glass packs. YES ME TOO GOLDEN RAM AND CHERRY BOMBS

Third, I think, was probably shiny wheels...no...it was probably air shocks on the back to fit big fat tires. YES ME TOO [HIJACKERS W/ THE RABBIT]

The summer before I turned 16, I worked in the garage of the family business doing PM on the trucks or whatever crappy job they could figure out to give the "boss' kid". I didn't spend a penny - saved it all for car stuff. YES ME TOO

Was also the same summer I was deemed old enough to access the contents of the "other" refrigerator in the back of the parts room. YES ME TOO

*SEE ABOVE*

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This was my first performance mod before I had a driver's license.

Second was to hacksaw off the exhaust in the driveway and bolt on some glass packs.

Third, I think, was probably shiny wheels...no...it was probably air shocks on the back to fit big fat tires.

The summer before I turned 16, I worked in the garage of the family business doing PM on the trucks or whatever crappy job they could figure out to give the "boss' kid". I didn't spend a penny - saved it all for car stuff.

Was also the same summer I was deemed old enough to access the contents of the "other" refrigerator in the back of the parts room.
    Sounds a lot like my mis-spent youth...:lmfao:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I do have a somewhat CZ related question. I picked up my first ESEE knife. They recommend a Tuf-Cloth to wipe it down and prevent rust. I figured I could use it on all kinds of metal things. Anyone have any experience?

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa

...SAID THE GUY WITH THE BAD BACK...

*me too - chronic bad back sometimes walking like J-Lo*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom