The CZickness XLIII prepping for winter.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I am kinda there with ya, WTB.

I was up @ 4:15 - after a solid 7 hours - but re-sleep eluded me.

Hope your day is stellar.

I was up at 3:00 with around 5.5 hours of sleep. Couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to get up and start working. I have a meeting from 9:00 - 10:30 later and I'm hoping to take a bit of a nap afterwards. Here's hoping.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Had a new appliance fit yesterday as the original was very troublesome.
    Some adjustments to maintenance but this is much better so far.
    2 different hospitals and a clinic yesterday.
    I need a break.
    That's a lot for one day. Sounds like the new appliance will bring better days/nights for you.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Is that a "real" Mauser Carbine?

No it's a cobbled together version made with 1930 parts. I wouldn't touch an original carbine. Here's a better look at the mount itself, I also lengthened the right ear of the bolt/charger to make it easier to manipulate it with one hand. It's easy now to do this without getting tangled up in the scope. Using bronze I felt would give the gun a period "steampunk" look. Something like you might see in mcarbine3.jpgsherlock-holmes-a-game-of-shadows-2.jpgone of the modern Sherlock Holmes movies. Allen milled out the vertical surface following the Mauser design found in most all thier pistols for artistic effect.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    No it's a cobbled together version made with 1930 parts. I wouldn't touch an original carbine. Here's a better look at the mount itself, I also lengthened the right ear of the bolt/charger to make it easier to manipulate it with one hand. It's easy now to do this without getting tangled up in the scope. Using bronze I felt would give the gun a period "steampunk" look. Something like you might see in View attachment 165375View attachment 165376one of the modern Sherlock Holmes movies. Allen milled out the vertical surface following the Mauser design found in most all thier pistols for artistic effect.

The brass is great and the overall design of the mounting plate gives it a very period-steampunk look. Very nice!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom