ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    What's going up the most?
    Meat prices. The processors are raising the prices but the farmers are not getting more. There are only 4 major processors in the US and they control everything. Remember Smithfield is the largest pork producer and is owned by the Chinese…..We also need more local slaughter houses that are owned by local owners.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    We have quite a few local places to use but most are 1 1/2 years out for a slot. I have a friend that raises cattle and he gets slots before his cattle are even born.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The start up costs are astronomical and Gov over site is a weight and burden hard to overcome. Locals will pitch a bitch just like with pork producers and cattle.
    the health inspection are brutal and money always changes hands.

^^^This. It's not like all of the local producers wanted to close down or sell to the "big" companies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    ^^^This. It's not like all of the local producers wanted to close down or sell to the "big" companies.

All you need to do is to change the buying habits of the American consumer and local/regional US companies can thrive again.

Think you could have that done before the FGE?

Speaking of the FGE....we will have some "friendly" contests. I do not have the list narrowed down and approved yet but you should be prepared for the following, Trust me, I am not holding back info for an advantage. I have one 22 rifle sighted in at 50 with some quick dope at 75. My 50 yard pistol practice was a miserable failure. Maybe shooting twice a year doesn't maintain skills????

22 rifle - have your dope for 25/50/75/100 including lollipops and 1/4" KYL targets.

22 pistol -dot or irons. Be ready for 15/25 yards.

Centerfire pistol. 50 yards and ???

Centerfire Rifle: Offhand IRONS at 100. Bench at 100/200/400. I think it is actually 440 but don't tell Spicy and Tarzan.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You mentioned your Sako the other day. I'm sure you've told me about it before, but I know diddly squat about those. Care to give a young man a little education on that rifle?

I can second the good things about Sako rifles, mine are old, but they are my only bolt guns. This 243 with an old Redfield scope is from the 60s and is my favorite.

Attachments

• sako.jpg
      sako.jpg
      557.7 KB · Views: 9
    Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    You mentioned your Sako the other day. I'm sure you've told me about it before, but I know diddly squat about those. Care to give a young man a little education on that rifle?
    Google would be more informative on Sako in general. My rifle was purchased used from a local shop, now retired, many yrs ago. What I paid for the rifle and the 3-9x50 VX3 it came with would not have covered the price of the scope when new. It has, as far as I can tell, the original bbl in the original caliber (.222 Rem) and the twist makes it more suitable for lighter bullets. It doesn't care for anything over 50 grains and seems happier with 40s. I've never laddered a load and actually tested it but the bore felt like 10 miles of bad road when I got it. Many passes with some bore paste and it seems better though I've never scoped the bore to check for wear. With a load it likes It has been known to hit 3 dumdums in a row at 100 yds. I don't recall what the ctc was on our contest target at SGE was but that is probably only the second time I've ever measured a group from it and I have no idea what the first one measured.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Food prices.....my son and I went to Stone's Trace yesterday with an Army buddy of mine. We decided to do a "quick" breakfast at McDonalds......$25 for just the 2 of us???? the brain dead teenie boppers behind the counter were almost unfriendly and very unhelpful....at $12 or $15 an hour???? The food sandwiches were "krappily" made.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom