Not open for further replies.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Yeah...

Most of my hunting education has happened in a cycle of make (a safe) mistake while hunting alone, come back, be told what an idiot I am, then go an make a different mistake.

Sorry, I should have clarified better.
    No need to apologize. It was my ignorance. Patience explained to fill in my gaps.
    Right now, I tend to go out to Proteq, but that is an all day thing. MCF&G is just down the road, so 15 minutes or so. this way if I want to after work I can just run over there and shoot a mag or two.
    That's pretty good. There's only one range in Laf. It's pretty short and "doesn't allow anything faster than a .308." I'm not a huge fan...

I've only ever done anything with a shotgun once. CameraMonkey and I did some skeet (I think? Trap maybe) shooting once up near Fishers, Indiana.
    Shooting clays can be fun. I enjoy my Ithacas, though I don't get to go often. There is a Purdue Skeet club. I should join them for events. I don't think I can be very active in it... grad school dominates the schedule (I'm replying between running some code)

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    That's pretty good. There's only one range in Laf. It's pretty short and "doesn't allow anything faster than a .308." I'm not a huge fan...
    There is a Proteq open house, you should come check it out. It is a great range just north of Brazil, Indiana. Not sure how long it is for you to get there from West Laf. For me it is just over an hour. Don & Stephen have a several ranges, I really only know the south range because that is where we go most of the time. Pistol bays, Steel bays, rifle area, 22lr area. I don't think they have a limit on bullets out there, except like the steel bays are traditional pistol calibers.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I spent a couple hours working on the 440 yd backstop berm this afternoon. It is taller on the south end by a few feet and about 20' longer on the north end and thicker in the middle.

Thanks. That should give me something I can hit if I fail on the smaller things. :D

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    There is a Proteq open house, you should come check it out. It is a great range just north of Brazil, Indiana. Not sure how long it is for you to get there from West Laf. For me it is just over an hour. Don & Stephen have a several ranges, I really only know the south range because that is where we go most of the time. Pistol bays, Steel bays, rifle area, 22lr area. I don't think they have a limit on bullets out there, except like the steel bays are traditional pistol calibers.
    Unfortunately, that's still quite a distance from me, but thanks for the suggestion. @TJ Kackowski likes the Crawfordsville Gun Club. That's about 40 minutes south of me. I still need to join it. Applied Ballistics in Lafayette is ok. It's strange for me to shoot indoors.

Edit: I'm off to bed. Goodnight, everyone.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The slides for the legacy 1911s have been machined. The Valor will be Ceracoat a grey Cole for a bitone and then they go to be engraved.
    the last of the line I having the barrel/frame/slide fit up. Have some ideas as to the machine work. TV is need to be different from anything else I have done.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    The slides for the legacy 1911s have been machined. The Valor will be Ceracoat a grey Cole for a bitone and then they go to be engraved.
    the last of the line I having the barrel/frame/slide fit up. Have some ideas as to the machine work. TV is need to be different from anything else I have done.
    Lucky kids. Adopt me?

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Good evening, morning CZers! Started my night with a bore hit......ugh. City of Fort Wayne contractors from Ohio, had our gas main exposed, on the top. They bored right thru it from the bottom!! Careless bore machine operator, lazy bore head locater dude. You ALWAYS expose the pipe ALL THE WAY AROUND with at least a foot in front of the pipe, from the direction your boring.....I'm a serviceman, not a digger, and got to "enjoy" the aftermaths of odor in the air calls, rebuilding and relighting customers, the wonderful rain that followed.....thank God only 3 days left in this week.

This is the 3rd hit in a 2 block area, in 2 weeks!!!......think the City of Fort Wayne is going to be looking for a different boring contractor......

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...This is the 3rd hit in a 2 block area, in 2 weeks!!!......think the City of Fort Wayne is going to be looking for a different boring contractor......

The only way I know of to fix this kind of problem is to send them the bill. Get into their boss's pocket and get his attention.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good evening, morning CZers! Started my night with a bore hit......ugh. City of Fort Wayne contractors from Ohio, had our gas main exposed, on the top. They bored right thru it from the bottom!! Careless bore machine operator, lazy bore head locater dude. You ALWAYS expose the pipe ALL THE WAY AROUND with at least a foot in front of the pipe, from the direction your boring.....I'm a serviceman, not a digger, and got to "enjoy" the aftermaths of odor in the air calls, rebuilding and relighting customers, the wonderful rain that followed.....thank God only 3 days left in this week.

This is the 3rd hit in a 2 block area, in 2 weeks!!!......think the City of Fort Wayne is going to be looking for a different boring contractor......
    People. It’s the people.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    The only way I know of to fix this kind of problem is to send them the bill. Get into their boss's pocket and get his attention.
    Oh, they'll get a bill. BUT corporate takes their time on that. It'll probably be Christmas before they get our bill and our bill is just time and material, with estimate on gas loss. NOW the IURCs fines are a different story..... Natural gas is a hazardous substance traveling thru pipe, falls under DOT, DOT was grouped under the Department of Homeland Security during the Oblama regime. Hit gas lines 3 times in a year, 3rd times a charm..... $10,000- $100,000 minimum fine, depending on the severity, BUT the real kicker, is the mandatory Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) dig class, where almost 1/3 of a company's employees have to go to an ALL DAY safe digging class.
    Ironically, our company sent all the "gas guys" to this class for our lineman's screw ups hitting our gas lines.....
    :nuts::nuts::nuts:
    If you want to see something neat, hit the gas main, that's a foot over an electric primary, nicking the primary ......can you say snap, crackle, pop......FIREBALL!!!! Seen it a couple of times in the last 17 years.....not a pretty sight!!
    SO.....I'll :horse:.........CALL 811....before ya DIG!!!!

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good morning, everyone.

Up with the wife @ 4am - wow this girl and her job.

Got stuff to do before I roll this Friday to Dull Moan...

Rick, I wish I had the time to go range time with you - I need it badly.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Unfortunately, that's still quite a distance from me, but thanks for the suggestion. @TJ Kackowski likes the Crawfordsville Gun Club. That's about 40 minutes south of me. I still need to join it. Applied Ballistics in Lafayette is ok. It's strange for me to shoot indoors.

Edit: I'm off to bed. Goodnight, everyone.
    Crawfordsville Gun Club is a steal at $45/year. 100 yd. range, 50 yd. rimfire only range, and 10 yd. pistol bay. Trap shooting every Sunday starting around noon with the last Sunday of each month open to the public.

Here's a link to their website ... https://www.crawfordsvillegunclub.org/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom