Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    drill killed it with the beautiful lever. Love the wood grain.

I only have 4 levers ATM. .22 Henry, Marlin & Henry both 30-30, and a Rossi .357

I have always wanted to try a .308 Marlin Express. I've heard they are badassery. Never shot a 45-70 either
    I have a Marlin “36” in 35 Rem if I have those numbers correct. That lever can kill a car a distance I swear it can.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is really interesting to observe how my posts have changed. I do read about everything you folks discuss and learn something every day. But with no projects ongoing (1 at Allen’s) there just is not much to say. Short of wearing every one out about my issues. I hate that.
    in the e process of the mouse fire sale that’s not something I enjoy either but the pieces are going to great home inside the group so my legacy is set.
    I have 2 1911s at Allen’s being prepped as legacy pieces for my kids. That’s about it.
    So I will control read. Carry on.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    It is really interesting to observe how my posts have changed. I do read about everything you folks discuss and learn something every day. But with no projects ongoing (1 at Allen’s) there just is not much to say. Short of wearing every one out about my issues. I hate that.
    in the e process of the mouse fire sale that’s not something I enjoy either but the pieces are going to great home inside the group so my legacy is set.
    I have 2 1911s at Allen’s being prepped as legacy pieces for my kids. That’s about it.
    So I will control read. Carry on.
    As long as your here. That's the important thing.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks!

Power's been out for a while now but I was able to get a hot cup of coffee from the Bunn regardless. The hot water tank was still plenty hot for a pot of coffee and gravity did the rest

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    35 Remington is one of those great but often overlooked cartridges. Powerful, but also can be loaded easily with cast or pistol bullets. Semi autos like the old Remington Model 8/81 can take pointy bullets as well. Frank Hamer chose the Model 8 in 35 Remington as his preferred gun for dealing with Bonnie and Clyde.600px-Bc13-rem8d.jpg

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Morning all.

CM, We like hearing from you and I think most of us understand that this is not where you want to be in life. I can't speak for everyone, but I think the vast majority of us would rather you be whole and healthy, and if we could do anything to help we will.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Ego Chainsaw on a Stick report:

I put some chainsaw/bar oil in the little reservoir, dropped one of the 5 Amp hour batteries on it and took down all the dead limbs on my trees that I could reach. I might have to get the extension boom for it, but I didn't see any branches higher up that needed tending to. I managed to not drop any branches on my head (I did have on my hard helmet), I managed to not lop off any of my fingers, toes, arms or legs. So I came back inside with all the parts I went out with.

It did a great job going through the branches quickly.

IMG_1885.JPEG
    The Ego next to the tree.

IMG_1886.JPEG
    The pile of branches after they were chopped off the tree.

That was after I took care of one tree. I had a few branches off the other two that needed to go that I didn't take pictures of.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been out at Greenwood Airport watching the B25 come and go this morning
    d34d8959b6aa272cd8c49ea273afb746.jpg
    5e3908a59fcddb055d7eab7c8842a718.jpg
    d75ac5a55d225faeff01ba48a8843b82.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ego Chainsaw on a Stick report:

I put some chainsaw/bar oil in the little reservoir, dropped one of the 5 Amp hour batteries on it and took down all the dead limbs on my trees that I could reach. I might have to get the extension boom for it, but I didn't see any branches higher up that needed tending to. I managed to not drop any branches on my head (I did have on my hard helmet), I managed to not lop off any of my fingers, toes, arms or legs. So I came back inside with all the parts I went out with.

It did a great job going through the branches quickly.

View attachment 155759
    The Ego next to the tree.

View attachment 155760
    The pile of branches after they were chopped off the tree.

That was after I took care of one tree. I had a few branches off the other two that needed to go that I didn't take pictures of.
    I need to look into one of those

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom