Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    it is repulsed/repelled at the salt especially when in tandem with the Blessed Holy Water.
    What I meant was if the salt was laid across the room's threshold the entity would either be trapped inside or outside the room depending on it's location at the time of salting. Unless the salt runs it out of the entire house.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Red Brick dust is standard Haitian hoodoo practice. And if found, leave the puzzle box alone!

(Late) morning all. Getting as much done as possible so we can go play tomorrow at the Fort.
    a8484badaa0f3f78b8d879799d2f3be1.jpg
    come on man... how much bad could be in the box...

5569d4089d370e510b3ccfd05e9a97e1.jpg

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    What I meant was if the salt was laid across the room's threshold the entity would either be trapped inside or outside the room depending on it's location at the time of salting. Unless the salt runs it out of the entire house.

yes, runs it out - as it is repelled by it.

many/all exorcisms use these blessed elements

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Yeah so let me preface this by saying i dont belive in the supernatural. After today I think my new house is haunted. Ive heard thuds and weird noises while working on it that i checked up to the dogs or Mrs.BRC or something. Its an old pre 1900 school or church or something with newer additions, I picked up for less than what the land and front shop is worth. House is quite clapped but the layout is nice and its solid.
    View attachment 163250(Zillow had a better pic it’s definitely not snowing yet) note old side and newer addition. Also i just noticed those 2nd floor windows were boarded up when this picture was taken. Interesting.

Today I got a bunch of blue PEX off my boss that we had leftover after the move so i hauled it over. Started hacking out the old busted pvc and copper that had busted from sitting empty for who knows how many winters. About 6:30 Mrs.BRC and 2 dogs head home to start super so it was just me and Clyde (older male retriever). Clyde was laying there napping while i finagle pvc out from under the bathroom crawl space thing when i hear heavy footsteps from what sounded like the second floor and a door shut. This place has old school real deal hardwood floors throughout so sound really travels.

Definitely to heavy to be Mrs.BRC (110lbs at most). Clyde jumps up and runs up the stairs to greet someone, i call him back, drawl my gun, and jet upstairs. The door separating the old and new sections of the house on the second floor is shut. I open that back up, clear the two bedrooms, clear the attic, find nothing. Mention it to Mrs.BRC when i get home, apparently her and her sister have both heard the same thing multiple times and when they check that same door will be shut.

Anyway, yeah fun times... might just “cleanse it through fire” (burn it down) and park my mobile home next to the shop. My blood pressure still ain’t right after that and i probably sound like ive lost my marbles. Back to CZ and .22 stuff.
    That's too bad. I've always loved those old houses. I lived in an old limestone farmhouse years ago. It had those long tall windows similar to yours. I loved that house, and more than 30 years later, I still have dreams about it. I've always felt drawn to those old farmhouses, but i live in a 1977 ranch-style home now. I never experienced anything creepy in the old house, at least not from the spirit world anyway! If they were there, they were friendly. My parents house, on the other hand, not near as old, and when I was a teenager several things happened that scared the crap out of me, and nobody had even died there at that time. The bathtub water would come on by itself, other times, I'd just feel something so bad, I wouldn't even go in if I was alone.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    That's too bad. I've always loved those old houses. I lived in an old limestone farmhouse years ago. It had those long tall windows similar to yours. I loved that house, and more than 30 years later, I still have dreams about it. I've always felt drawn to those old farmhouses, but i live in a 1977 ranch-style home now. I never experienced anything creepy in the old house, at least not from the spirit world anyway! If they were there, they were friendly. My parents house, on the other hand, not near as old, and when I was a teenager several things happened that scared the crap out of me, and nobody had even died there at that time. The bathtub water would come on by itself, other times, I'd just feel something so bad, I wouldn't even go in if I was alone.
    Wow! Ugh!

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I grew up in a small house that was built in the 1800s. It has had modifications to it over the years of course. There have been some things that have happened there. There was a light that could be seen past the woods and if you kept looking at it it seemed to kind of rock back and forth like it was getting closer. We thought this was an optical illusion and would laugh about it, but I found out just recently that there wasn't a light past the woods. So actually I just found out recently that things have gone on that I was clueless about growing up. We will be going back down there for Thanksgiving this year, so I might check that light out and see if it's still there and what that's about.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    When I moved the family back here from Cali we lived in the old farmhouse. One day my wife and daughter told me they saw a ghost walk through the house. I had them describe what they saw and then told my mother what they had seen. Mom right away said that it was my Great Grandmother and where she was walking to was where her bedroom had been in the last years of her life. We were the first family members to live in the house since her death.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Christmas List 2021

• Wife
    • Daughter
    • Mom
    • Neighbor who I met one time 3 years ago