Not open for further replies.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Highlight reel of our year usually starts with the FGE. ONLY outshined by the occasional birth of a grandchild.
    I sat down in the recliner with a glass of Taxman's Exemption wit a cat in my lap after I brought the equipment in last nView attachment 161380ight. Made it through the beer and posting a few pictures but I woke up in the same position @ 0100. Went to bed and slept until 0730.
    On my second cup of coffee and blueberry Danish. (Thank you Ben) Still a whole box of crack donuts here. Watching venison from the dining room table.

Baking in the glow seems like a weak description for how I feel. Delighted and whooped all at the same time comes pretty close. Great fun.
    Cat is helping me dry out my pistol case.
    You may keep an eye out for a bigger pistol case. ;)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It was a great time yesterday, sorry I had to leave a bit early, the rain put things behind a bit and I ran out of time and missed the rifle events. I actually didn't do much shooting but more so enjoyed the fellowship, it was great to meet so many well known INGO'ers. A lot of fine firearms were there to fawn over as well as seeing some really good shooters!

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    On my first cup of coffee so far. I woke up thinking about the FGE. Thanks Patience and Barb for everything! I got to sit on the porch with Barb and Henri for a bit and shoot the breeze while enjoying the view, I really enjoyed that segment as well. I learned a lot on this trip about a myriad of things. It really is like a good family reunion at these events.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Still smiling.

Was good to meet LE, wingrider and drillsgt.

Wingrider and I were well into a shootoff for the CM 50yd pistol match when I missed. Well done WR.

Later we shot 50yd rimfire, 10 shots for group size. 3(4?) of us were so close I'm not sure who won.

I completely fell apart for the 100yd rimfire for score competition and was wondering what was wrong with my rifle. Fortunately BC stepped up and was nice enough to show me there was no problem with my rifle. He won that one with it.:bowdown::D

Got to shoot my grail gun...Thompson 45. WOW :drool:

LE was nice enough to let me handle all of the guns he brought. Fantastic guns, leather and history lessons. THANKS

Yep...still smiling.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    It felt great to take a warm shower last night, EXCEPT I hated to wash off the smell of gun powder and crack donuts. :laugh6:

I liked all the guns that I saw, Revolvers were well represented, Leadeye's 45-70, and MM's 500 were really cool.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The rain did not dampen the spirit of the day but it did impact the contests. We only got a few done but the results were spectacular!

On the 50 yard Rimfire for Group Size, the first three shooters essentially shot the same group. Tdogg and I made multiple measurements on wet paper targets to make a determination as time was running out shot to have a shoot-off. IMPRESSIVE SHOOTING!!!

FIRST PLACE: GMCTTR with a .3135

BCannon: .345
    Yep - it was that close!
    Patience: .348

mcapo - .730

Wizard .8165

Benp - .900

Tdogg - 1.4925

Results of the other contest with follow throughout the day...

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Good morning gents

Yesterday was one of my best days of the year only to be eclipsed by the birth of my gson Tucker.
    Thank you to our host and hostess falls short for inviting us all to your corner of God's country, sharing your home and incredible food. Thank you pales in comparison to the feelings I'm trying to convey, you both are Rock stars and considered family in my book.
    I was able to put names with a few more faces. Thank you Leadeye for letting me run a few of your beautiful pieces of history and sharing the history on them.
    Thank you gmcttr for the use of your rifle, associated toys and ammo. I'll throw the bullets next time if my rifle isn't ready. You definitely deserve to share the win I was able to accomplish. I'm trying to send you the vid of you running the Thompson, the crappy hotel WiFi isnt helping at all. When I get home ill get it to you.
    The group of attendees are the most stellar people I've ever been associated with and consider you all as family, thank you for making this such a awesome day.
    To those that were not able to attend, know you were truly missed and in our thoughts.
    Thank you CM for bringing me to the fold and thinking that I was worthy, much love brother!
    Even with the rain, the only downside is that the day had to end. I personally did not want it to. I am looking forward to the next time we get to see one another and I hope it will be very soon.

Exceptional day with exceptional people! The mojo of the day will not be lost anytime soon :rockwoot:

Last edited:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    After most of you went and shot long range I took out my CM built 1911 9mm and shot the 50 yard gong....17 hits out of 18 shots.
    I should have known better... Sorry I did not say goodbye to most of you. Had to get to RCH to check on our grandson. He is being released from ICU and going to a step down unit. Thats great news....

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The rain did not dampen the spirit of the day but it did impact the contests. We only got a few done but the results were spectacular!

On the 50 yard Rimfire for Group Size, the first three shooters essentially shot the same group. Tdogg and I made multiple measurements on wet paper targets to make a determination as time was running out shot to have a shoot-off. IMPRESSIVE SHOOTING!!!...

By far the best 10 shot group I have ever shot. I was amazed.

...Thank you gmcttr for the use of your rifle, associated toys and ammo...

You are most welcome. Without you, I would still be wondering what was wrong with the gun after my dismal showing in the 100yd.

There were 2 bricks of that rimfire ammo on the front porch when I got home. :woot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom