Not open for further replies.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    :D Yep, only your shoulder slows the rifle down. Make sure you don't have sling swivels hitting the bags.
    I might have to get a different rear bag. You mentioned before about that doc bag was for no touch shooting and I didn't listen. Dumbass attack, shouldve listened. Shouldve probably got the 13a or b silvered. Cant do the pinch method very well but the guy got it from showed me a few tricks that work just as good the pinch method. We'll see I guess. I like touching, holding the rifle. The free recoil shooting must be for really old guys or serious benchrest shooters and I'm neither... yet. I'm happy with the setup but it's going to take a few to wring the real worth out of it.
    No sling swivels to worry about, its a benchrest stock.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Good evening CM.

I'm getting anxious to get my hands on your BRN 16A1. I thought all of my AR's had scratched the itch for the "real" version of my childhood toy rifle but they just don't look right.

I recently got a Winchester 1892 for the real version of my first BB rifle and a Browning Challenger matching my BB pistol.

I will still need a Luger to match my favorite squirt gun to complete the childhood set. :laugh:

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Hey Dr.Spicywiener, i seen your post a couple pages back about suppressors and 9mm. My one gun not to be named in this thread with a SilencerCo Octane runs more accurate with heavier/slower rounds. 150gr Federal Syntech runs great in it. My gun has a barrel length of ~4.5”, 1:10 twist, the pickle is 7.25” long X 1.5” diameter, and has 7 baffles. I know its not a spread sheet and it wont be apples to apples with brands, etc but hope it helps get ya started.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Hey Dr.Spicywiener, i seen your post a couple pages back about suppressors and 9mm. My one gun not to be named in this thread with a SilencerCo Octane runs more accurate with heavier/slower rounds. 150gr Federal Syntech runs great in it. My gun has a barrel length of ~4.5”, 1:10 twist, the pickle is 7.25” long X 1.5” diameter, and has 7 baffles. I know its not a spread sheet and it wont be apples to apples with brands, etc but hope it helps get ya started.
    Dr. Spicywiener.....I like the sound of that.

I should have bought some of those 150gr Fed Syntech when I had the chance. Ran them recently in mcapo's Phantom with TiRant 9m suppressor and they were very quiet. Rang steel at 50 yards easily with an RMR on it.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Dr. Spicywiener.....I like the sound of that.

I should have bought some of those 150gr Fed Syntech when I had the chance. Ran them recently in mcapo's Phantom with TiRant 9m suppressor and they were very quiet. Rang steel at 50 yards easily with an RMR on it.
    Ive seent the information you put out and that wealth of knowledge is doctor level lol.

I think ive got 3 unopened boxes if you want them for pre FGE testing and FGE.

edit: just checked, 3 brand new boxes. All yours if ya want. 7426092F-BF69-4A3E-BB1B-433D54345AAF.jpeg

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I have a good stock of Syntech 150gr Action Pistol and some Syntech130gr PCC as well as a smaller amount in .45 ACP.

While the price has more than doubled from when I stocked I now buy just enough to replace what I shoot. Federal has the 150gr in stock at about as good of a price as I've seen in these times.

The PCC (or Action Pistol, I forget, lol) stays subsonic in my 8.3" barreled PCC. Most 147gr subs go super in it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good evening CM.

I'm getting anxious to get my hands on your BRN 16A1. I thought all of my AR's had scratched the itch for the "real" version of my childhood toy rifle but they just don't look right.

I recently got a Winchester 1892 for the real version of my first BB rifle and a Browning Challenger matching my BB pistol.

I will still need a Luger to match my favorite squirt gun to complete the childhood set. :laugh:
    You will love it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Ive seent the information you put out and that wealth of knowledge is doctor level lol.

I think ive got 3 unopened boxes if you want them for pre FGE testing and FGE.

edit: just checked, 3 brand new boxes. All yours if ya want.
    Oh sweet. That would be great. Let me know a price and then we can figure out a time/place to meetup.

Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom