T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Ugh.....:coffee::coffee::coffee:

Went to bed at 3am, woke up a little after 6am and could not go back to sleep. Up, showered and eating breakfast. Rolling to Menards for a few things after that. Got some trim to reinstall then we are going swimming at a friends, followed by some range time and back here late for pizza and socializing.

I'm tired, but feel great. This house has been a real blessing for our family. I actually enjoy and look forward to getting all these projects done. My wife and daughter are in very good spirits these days and that makes me pleased on a whole nother level.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Finally got tools put away last night in the new cabinet. I’m sure I will rearrange about 10 times in the next couple of weeks. Especially if I end up with a pile of hand me down tools from my father in law.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Finally got tools put away last night in the new cabinet. I’m sure I will rearrange about 10 times in the next couple of weeks. Especially if I end up with a pile of hand me down tools from my father in law.
    I remember when I quit turning wrenches for a living and brought my toolbox home. I already had a working toolbox at home because of doing side-work and flipping cars. Then when Dad passed I got most of his stuff too. It is nice to have some of the lesser quality tools around, especially when you need to make a "custom" tool for a project or when the Snap-On guy wants $100 for a pair of vice grips with another common tool welded to the jaws.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I remember when I quit turning wrenches for a living and brought my toolbox home. I already had a working toolbox at home because of doing side-work and flipping cars. Then when Dad passed I got most of his stuff too. It is nice to have some of the lesser quality tools around, especially when you need to make a "custom" tool for a project or when the Snap-On guy wants $100 for a pair of vice grips with another common tool welded to the jaws.

i imagine the stuff that gets handed down to me will be better than what I have. He just retired and had a mountain of tools in his shop at work that he brought home. Once he sorts through everything, I’ll probably have more stuff than I’ll ever use.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    ....Then when Dad passed I got most of his stuff too. It is nice to have some of the lesser quality tools around, especially when you need to make a "custom" tool for a project or when the Snap-On guy wants $100 for a pair of vice grips with another common tool welded to the jaws.

My kids have slowly been consuming my tools for years now. I find it just as easy to borrow my stuff back from them than store it.

I’m down to two upright boxes and half a shed full of bigger stuff.

Oh and my friend who has an air compressor, impact drivers, sockets and I think a jack.....? You wanna return those someday??? :-)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Since my youngest became a car guy, I have trouble finding most anything I need in the garage. Stuff just scatters sometimes. The garage is due for a major cleaning this fall.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I'll be dry firing and my annoyed wife will be asking me how much longer I plan on doing that. Good times.

Ha! My wife is more concerned about disturbing our 5 month son's sleep. Even with an o ring the thought of disturbing a sleeping child is not appealing

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Ha! My wife is more concerned about disturbing our 5 month son's sleep. Even with an o ring the thought of disturbing a sleeping child is not appealing

Oh my… That reminds me of a time that I was working on a car in the garage attached to the house. Upon starting the car, apparently, I woke up the twins that had a rough day and mom needed a break.

Probably didn’t help that it was a big block Chevy with side pipes. Might have been slightly loud.

I don’t remember for sure but I imagine that I was on solo baby duty for quite some time…

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Ugh.....:coffee::coffee::coffee:

Went to bed at 3am, woke up a little after 6am and could not go back to sleep. Up, showered and eating breakfast. Rolling to Menards for a few things after that. Got some trim to reinstall then we are going swimming at a friends, followed by some range time and back here late for pizza and socializing.

I'm tired, but feel great. This house has been a real blessing for our family. I actually enjoy and look forward to getting all these projects done. My wife and daughter are in very good spirits these days and that makes me pleased on a whole nother level.

Makes me happy to hear that the house is giving you all what you need.

Sounds like real progress is being made.
    25 cents says you'll be asleep by the pool this afternoon.

I'm off to the woods to make splinters. Good day to all.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Makes me happy to hear that the house is giving you all what you need.

Sounds like real progress is being made.
    25 cents says you'll be asleep by the pool this afternoon.

I'm off to the woods to make splinters. Good day to all.

Thank you for the kind words, appreciate that.
    Hoping to catch a nap before swimming.
    Have a good time in the woods.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom