Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've been doing this for the last few years. Trimming off the fat and focusing as much as possible for a gun addict, on a theme.
    Interchangebility of parts is important to me too now. Ammo, oh hell yeah. Always ammo. I was lacking on the handgun ammo only, until around the end of last year or so. My delivery guys hated me for like 4 solid months :):
    Of coarse all that trimming went out the window this month with the new CZ's

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    How did I forget to add you to the Dean Crail list?!? You're on it now!

I'm kind of going through a phase where less is more... slowly weeding out a few odds-and-ends that get very little of my mindshare in favor of fewer things that I'm more passionate about. Except for ammo. More ammo is always more ammo, and more ammo is good.

I should be doing this ..... but I'm stuck on "More is More" ! ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thought I was alone in this regard. I've had a few nice ones, but I'd rather just dump a 30rd mag into something instead. :ar15:

I had 2 Spas at one point in time. Illness prompted them to find new homes along with most everything else. I have lusted for one. For the longest time. This one came up. I scrapped some funds together (on top of the 686 requirements...:faint) and that lust will be some what satisfied. I would also love to replace thee snake gun that also had to leave. But that aint gonna happen.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Travis is a shotgun loving fool. He can run the **** out of them, but it's just not my bag anymore. I've had way more O/U shotguns over the years than I've ever had ARs. Just not into it anymore.

He is that. He is crying the blues right now. I am selling the 930 to somewhat off set this weekends hit on my depleted #gunfunfund

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Im trying to avoid buying another safe, so I just keep putting more expensive guns in it as I down size. Eventually I hope to have 24 machine guns in it. :laugh:
    I decided finaly (a couple months ago at least) not to get the full auto m16 I wanted. My wife was actualy ok with it. I just dont think it's a wise investment in this political climate. If I woke up one morning and my $20k machinegun was worthless, I just dont know know how I'd handle that. And now I think it's just one election away always

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I decided finaly not to get the full auto m16 I wanted. My wife was actualy ok with it. I just dont think it's a wise investment in this political climate. If I woke up one morning and my $20k machinegun was worthless, I just dont know know how I'd handle that. And now I think it's just one election away always
    They won't be worthless in the foreseeable future. The Hughes amendment ain't going away, and if you think it's time to bury them, it's probably time to dig them up and use them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I decided finaly (a couple months ago at least) not to get the full auto m16 I wanted. My wife was actualy ok with it. I just dont think it's a wise investment in this political climate. If I woke up one morning and my $20k machinegun was worthless, I just dont know know how I'd handle that. And now I think it's just one election away always

Pretty much the truth.
    What would have become of use if Billary the mean ugly witch of the west had actually stolen the election...???

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    You will be passionate about that ECO when you have it in hand. If you decide you don't like it, it will be easily resold. 9mm or 45?
    Going with the 9mm version, as I ended up getting out of 45 last year to concentrate a bit more on 357/38 for my larger caliber. Earlier this year I picked up one of the new Ruger SR1911 Officers in 9mm (which I saw they JUST released in 45). I love it, it's been an absolute joy to shoot, accurate, and so far not a single hiccup to report. If the Ruger Officer is all that, the ECO should be even moreso. I had a V-Bob a couple years ago, but never really bonded with it for some reason. The ECO tugs at me from a form factor that feels much more natural. To be honest, I think it has a lot to do with sight radius. For some weird reason, my eyes seem to naturally work better with compact-sized pistols, like the P-01 and PCR. The officer-sized 1911s fall right in this wheelhouse.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom