• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I bought yet another gun today, really excited about this one.

Sig MCX Hybrid Pistol
    11.5" short stroke piston driven
    Romeo6T optic

attachment.php

my O my : isn't that suhweeeet.!!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I put an inquiry of interest into a Shadow 2 for sale.
    I don't recognize it.
    Is it a stainless steel?
    Does is have the same specs of 46 oz weight?
    Price: $950

8606415_01_cz_shadow_2_9mm_640.jpg

A. I have been in contact with the person this am and we are negotiating, and it is the 91255 Urban Gray model.
    B. I'm not sure about this Urban Gray color? Should I run b/c it doesn't hold up like a stainless or a blued steel? Any negatives about the color?
    C. The seller bought it new and only put 100 rounds through it, he says and is selling b/c he is going to get a cz-75-tactical-sport.
    D. I did ask why he was selling and was curious to what he was gravitating to since I didn't know much about the CZ line.

E. I have been told that putting the Cajun $300 kit (plus $100 labor @ ZR Tactical or whatever labor the Wizard labor charge would be b/c he does more polishing or whatever his magic is) into an SP-01 would be a fine way to go. For $675 I could buy one with the kit in it at ZRT.
    F. Any feedback on what price or range would be a fair deal, a good deal, or a stellar deal? I can get this gun new for $1200 if i was so inclined (I'm not).

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    A. I have been in contact with the person this am and we are negotiating, and it is the 91255 Urban Gray model.
    B. I'm not sure about this Urban Gray color? Should I run b/c it doesn't hold up like a stainless or a blued steel? Any negatives about the color?
    C. The seller bought it new and only put 100 rounds through it, he says.
    D. I did ask why he was selling and was curious to what he was gravitating to since I didn't know much about the CZ line.

E. I have been told that putting the Cajun $300 kit (plus $100 labor @ ZR Tactical or whatever labor the Wizard labor charge would be b/c he does more polishing or whatever his magic is) into an SP-01 would be a fine way to go. For $675 I could buy one with the kit in it at ZRT.
    F. Any feedback on what price or range would be a fair deal, a good deal, or a stellar deal? I can get this gun new for $1200 if i was so inclined (I'm not).

Completely depends on what you want from the gun. There are improvements on this gun that you won't get with the Cajun Gun Works Pro Package. This is a custom gun, not an SP-01 that has been Cajunized. Only you can tell if it's worth it. If I had the money, it would be worth it to me. The undercut trigger guard, front and back checkering and such makes it a very attractive option. If those things don't mean much to you, an SP-01 that has been customized can come close to being the same/shooting the same and possibly be more affordable.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Completely depends on what you want from the gun. There are improvements on this gun that you won't get with the Cajun Gun Works Pro Package. This is a custom gun, not an SP-01 that has been Cajunized. Only you can tell if it's worth it. If I had the money, it would be worth it to me. The undercut trigger guard, front and back checkering and such makes it a very attractive option. If those things don't mean much to you, an SP-01 that has been customized can come close to being the same/shooting the same and possibly be more affordable.

1. Thanks a bunch for your opinion, you are one of the top 10 names I recognize, but I don't remember names well enough to know if your one of the ones who kick my but for being so cheap. :laugh: If you are, as long as the good advice keeps coming: kick away! :rofl: I am cheap, but I'll spend the money for value.
    2. Just like when we went to buy a 2015 Subaru Forester and after talking for 1 hours and driving the car, the price on the paper he put in front of us was $22,200 instead of the $20,200 that my wife and I both heard him say when we first started negotiating. I literally would buy a new one instead for $25k or even $27k since it had nearly 50k miles on it and 3.5 yrs. old, but my wife wanted to investigate some of those other $20k prices we had come across first. Part of the reason for walking was I was a little irritated also, b/c we thought the mileage was 26k miles but they were $46K miles, and I was willing to live with that (my present 2 cars are 13 and 14 yrs. old).

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...B. I'm not sure about this Urban Gray color? Should I run b/c it doesn't hold up like a stainless or a blued steel? Any negatives about the color?...

The Shadow 2 is not made in either stainless or blued steel finish. The frame and slide have a nitride finish and the frame is then polycoated in either black or urban grey.

Here's where I bought mine using their "text a check" for $1054.99 shipped.

SHADOW 2 9mm 4.89" Urban Grey

They also have the black version for $1 less in stock... SHADOW 2 9MM 17+1 BLK

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Good luck 88, send me your card info and I will have David at CGW send you some Pro-kits for your CZ's. It will be like Christmas in July:rockwoot:

1. You are the famous Wizard! :bowdown:
    2. You have certainly earned the admiration and respect from others!
    3. Hopefully someday when I grow up (and part with my money) we can do some business together.
    4. If you have the time to pm me about your rates, please do, and I would never reveal anything said in a private pm (therefore the word "pm).
    5. I know nothing about the costs except what ZR Tactical charges ($300 parts and $100 labor) to install the Cajun kit (if I'm following the descriptors properly).
    6. You must do some polishing or whatever to go above and beyond what others do: a great business model! :thumbsup:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    doddg - one thing that you may want to think about is what you are wanting to do with this gun. If you are going to sell it or keep it. I would think that a Shadow 2 would have an easier time of selling versus another gun that has been cajunized. From what I have seen a lot of people don't put a lot of value into upgraded guns if you are going to sell outside of INGO. I'm thinking about that 97 that went here recently at a fraction of it's actual worth on Armslist. If you are going to sell it on INGO then this could be different, though no guarantees. When people hear "Shadow 2" they are already thinking around $1000 in their mind. Just something to consider...

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    1. Thanks a bunch for your opinion, you are one of the top 10 names I recognize, but I don't remember names well enough to know if your one of the ones who kick my but for being so cheap. :laugh: If you are, as long as the good advice keeps coming: kick away! :rofl: I am cheap, but I'll spend the money for value.
    2. Just like when we went to buy a 2015 Subaru Forester and after talking for 1 hours and driving the car, the price on the paper he put in front of us was $22,200 instead of the $20,200 that my wife and I both heard him say when we first started negotiating. I literally would buy a new one instead for $25k or even $27k since it had nearly 50k miles on it and 3.5 yrs. old, but my wife wanted to investigate some of those other $20k prices we had come across first. Part of the reason for walking was I was a little irritated also, b/c we thought the mileage was 26k miles but they were $46K miles, and I was willing to live with that (my present 2 cars are 13 and 14 yrs. old).

Well, I can't say you're cheap. Just because something has value to me, doesn't mean you'll see the same value. That's perceived value. What is worth it to one person may not be worth it to another. This gun was designed for competitive shooting. If you're doing static paper punching on the range, you may not see the value. The undercut trigger guard helps the gun to sit lower in your hands, allowing you to get a better, more secure purchase on the grip and may also help with perceived recoil. The front and back checkering help to lock the gun into your grip so that the gun doesn't slip. The oversized mag release located where it is assists in ensuring more people can eject the mag without changing their grip. That said, you may not even notice those things while shooting it. You might shoot it and be underwhelmed, where I might shoot it and think it's the bee's knees. Everyone has different tastes and different needs and wants in firearms.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    doddg - one thing that you may want to think about is what you are wanting to do with this gun. If you are going to sell it or keep it. I would think that a Shadow 2 would have an easier time of selling versus another gun that has been cajunized. From what I have seen a lot of people don't put a lot of value into upgraded guns if you are going to sell outside of INGO. I'm thinking about that 97 that went here recently at a fraction of it's actual worth on Armslist. If you are going to sell it on INGO then this could be different, though no guarantees. When people hear "Shadow 2" they are already thinking around $1000 in their mind. Just something to consider...

Excellent point. It's kinda like when I bought my Sig P226 Legion SAO. Those things still sell for $1000 - $1100 to the right people. Helps that the SAO model is rarer and has a nicer trigger. The standard Legion doesn't sell as well, similar to how a cajunized SP-01 is not going to sell for as much, or as quickly as a Shadow 2.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I was thinking about just changing out some things in my Phantom, but I think I'll end up going with getting the full pro package.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

This is exactly what I was thinking also. While the cajunized models might be a better gun, those that aren't "in the know" won't pay the extra monies for the upgrades.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    This is exactly what I was thinking also. While the cajunized models might be a better gun, those that aren't "in the know" won't pay the extra monies for the upgrades.

Yep. Most common price I've seen for cajunized CZ's in the forums are between $650 and $750, unless there are extras like additional mags or something. With the Shadow 2, they easily go for ~$1k. Big difference if you think you might turn it over. Nice thing about cajunizing is that you can buy the gun and add the cajun parts later when you can afford to, rather than have to pay for everything up front. From what I've personally experienced the triggers on the cajunized guns are better, while the Shadow 2 may be a better overall value depending on the features desired. Personally, I need to start saving up to buy a Shadow 2, as the things it has over a standard SP-01 make it very attractive to me, I just happen to be broker than broke and don't really need another range gun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom