Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Nope, don't plan to. I barely have the time, money or "permission" to take training classes. I'd be too afraid of failure anyways, so if I never try I never fail.

I am slow, my eyes don't focus right and I can't remember my name more less the course of fire...

Put it on your bucket list. Some of the smaller club matches are pretty affordable.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I think the lever gun that Chris Pratt ran in Jurassic World was cool. I think it was a .45-70, maybe a Marlin? Can't remember 100% now.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Nope, don't plan to. I barely have the time, money or "permission" to take training classes. I'd be too afraid of failure anyways, so if I never try I never fail.
    I'm not afraid to fail. I will press myself intentionaly to fail in training. I dont give a crap what other people think. If I'm paying money for something or have an opportunity to use my time wisely, I'm gonna get maximum bennefit. It's hard when you have prior training habbits (not saying bad habbits) you are trying to mentally force yourself to set aside and at the same time mentally force yourself to remember a new instructors drill and implement it during a class. Things can turn into a cluster **** lol. But I still like trying new things but im more inclined to stick with trainers who teach techniques I've also been taught if I'm being honest. I'm never gonna look like a magpul training DVD, real life doesnt either.
    I briefly had an interest in some 3 gun but it's just not for me. I'm not into point shooting. The only exception I would like to make is Friday night steel sometime. Getting everything to jive and go hasnt happened yet though, but I hope it does sometime.

Also if someone ever makes fun of another student or me in any class I'm in and the instructor doesnt crawl up their ass I would. That's not acceptable

Last edited:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Also if someone ever makes fun of another student or me in any class I'm in and the instructor doesnt crawl up their ass I would. That's not acceptable
    I can't imagine someone making fun of another student in a class. The people that take the classes, that I've witnessed, are very supportive and want to help each other out. I agree that is unacceptable!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm not afraid to fail. I will press myself intentionaly to fail in training. I dont give a crap what other people think. If I'm paying money for something or have an opportunity to use my time wisely, I'm gonna get maximum bennefit. It's hard when you have prior training habbits (not saying bad habbits) you are trying to mentally force yourself to set aside and at the same time mentally force yourself to remember a new instructors drill and implement it during a class. Things can turn into a cluster **** lol. But I still like trying new things but im more inclined to stick with trainers who teach techniques I've also been taught if I'm being honest. I'm never gonna look like a magpul training DVD, real life doesnt either.
    I briefly had an interest in some 3 gun but it's just not for me. I'm not into point shooting. The only exception I would like to make is Friday night steel sometime. Getting everything to jive and go hasnt happened yet though, but I hope it does sometime.

I was being a little too dramatic I suppose. I have gotten out of my shell the last few years and am better for it. Learned a lot in formal training classes. I have had great days and also not so good days. My main issue is the 100% commitment and staying focused on the goal or never even creating a goal for myself. I always seem to commit about 75% in everything I do. Always been that way. I never fully invest for some reason. I don't know if it's my ADHD or what, but I've always struggled with distractions. Something always distracts me from what I'm doing. I suck at focus. I see something else and just have to look. And then I start losing track of what I was doing originally. I'm hard on myself about this too, it's a damn vicious cycle. My gun habits and buying/selling history is a direct reflection of this.

Should I lay down on a couch and keep going? Lol.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I can't imagine someone making fun of another student in a class. The people that take the classes, that I've witnessed, are very supportive and want to help each other out. I agree that is unacceptable!
    Yes most times I've seen people be very supportive and its looked at as a team and not individual training. But theres sometimes jackballs that are either insecure with themselves or just plain dicks.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    . The only exception I would like to make is Friday night steel sometime. Getting everything to jive and go hasnt happened yet though, but I hope it does sometime.

I'd like to check this out as well or something similar. One of the factors that keeps me away is that I'd like a way to be able to practice something like this before attending. Basically understand the rules and be able to run through in a non competition setting a bit before dealing with it in a competition setting for the first time.

I know most will say just attend and try it and then adapt and go back, which I understand, but that's what rolls around in my head. I may just have to go out sometime and watch if that is allowed (I'm a member of MCF&G) as a first start, but I'd really like to be able to then do a run through or practice session, before going out to actually compete (and then maybe practice between competitions). Competition itself doesn't interest me, just competing against myself/improving my skills.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I'd like to check this out as well or something similar. One of the factors that keeps me away is that I'd like a way to be able to practice something like this before attending. Basically understand the rules and be able to run through in a non competition setting a bit before dealing with it in a competition setting for the first time.

I know most will say just attend and try it and then adapt and go back, which I understand, but that's what rolls around in my head. I may just have to go out sometime and watch if that is allowed (I'm a member of MCF&G) as a first start, but I'd really like to be able to then do a run through or practice session, before going out to actually compete (and then maybe practice between competitions). Competition itself doesn't interest me, just competing against myself/improving my skills.
    I went to look at your location but ended up right back where I started. :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom