The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    She is home.
    Tired. Lots of healing left to do. Will require constant care for a good while yet.

That's really good news. I'll bet that the terrorists are happy to have her back home where they can see her more often now.

Update on the problem child compact 75B in .40: I upped the hammer spring from stock to a 22lb and put a quick 25 rounds through it last weekend. It functioned fine, but we'll have to see as the round count rises. It sure is a sweet shooter though. The heavy hammer spring raised the pull up to 4.25lbs and the DA pull is close to 10lbs. The weight of that gun really does tame the .40 round though and it's about as sweet a shooting compact .40 as you can find.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There's a nice looking high polish 75B for decent money in the classy's right now. It's configured almost exactly like I have mine done and it's $60 less than I paid before I added the grips and sights.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    There's a nice looking high polish 75B for decent money in the classy's right now. It's configured almost exactly like I have mine done and it's $60 less than I paid before I added the grips and sights.

I like the high polish...would be a sweet contrast with the surplus Pre-B purchased from you - which I think is going to be a "rat-rod"...

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I'm glad that I jumped on my RAMI when Bradis had one in stock ..... although they had (one) PCR also, and I debated between the two.
    Lately, I've noticed that no one seems to have either in stock.

Bradis posted on Facebook that they have a PCR in stock. Also Gun Pro in Ft. Wayne also advertised they have one. I kind of wish I had the money for one, but not right now.

CM: Glad to hear your wife is home.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yay, working from home today.

:coffee:

Looking forward to my Gun Handling 101 class tonight. I've already taken more advanced classes, but wanted something that was a "refresher" that didn't cost a lot. $50 for 2 hours of training with holster work included sounded like a good deal. Hopefully will get me ready for more advanced classes later this year.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County

I like the high polish...would be a sweet contrast with the surplus Pre-B purchased from you - which I think is going to be a "rat-rod"...
    I saw this the other day, and have been hem-hawing again. I already have a 75B in matte stainless that llh1956 has worked over that I rarely shoot, but the polished stainless in the classifieds is such a good price with some nice add-ons already in the package. But I think my next CZ purchase will be a RAMI, not another 75B. But... dangit, it's such a good price!

CM - I haven't been posting much lately, but have been thinking about you and the Mrs, glad to hear she's home now, and hope she's doing as well as she can. Surely it's more restful for her at home than with all the noise and activity in the hospital.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning Mr. Mouse. Sounds like you have a busy day today. Hope all goes well ;)

Yup. Started about 4:30 and just now settled down. Home health nurse is supposed to be here anytime to take over for a while. I have to run some errands etc.

Here is to you all having the very best Wednesday.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just got back from another session of physical therapy for the shoulder. I could get used to these as this one was mostly a massage with some stretching thrown in. I had to ice the shoulder a bit when I got home but overall, it's feeling a lot better right now.

I'm carrying the P01 today since I can actually reach the arm back enough to draw right handed again. It has me thinking of adding a PCR to the collection but I don't think that I will. As much as I'd love to do that, it would end up being about a $900 expense after tuning and I just don't have a handy $900 that could not be best used elsewhere right now.

I do need to order some ammo though. My .40 stash is dwindling as is my .45 stash. I'd like to run the problem child a bunch more to see if it's now reliable with the heavy main spring. I can go all the way up to a 26# spring on that one if need be but would hate to see what the DA pull would be at that heavy a main spring.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I just got back from another session of physical therapy for the shoulder. I could get used to these as this one was mostly a massage with some stretching thrown in. I had to ice the shoulder a bit when I got home but overall, it's feeling a lot better right now.

I'm carrying the P01 today since I can actually reach the arm back enough to draw right handed again. It has me thinking of adding a PCR to the collection but I don't think that I will. As much as I'd love to do that, it would end up being about a $900 expense after tuning and I just don't have a handy $900 that could not be best used elsewhere right now.

I do need to order some ammo though. My .40 stash is dwindling as is my .45 stash. I'd like to run the problem child a bunch more to see if it's now reliable with the heavy main spring. I can go all the way up to a 26# spring on that one if need be but would hate to see what the DA pull would be at that heavy a main spring.

I hope you aren't rehabbing that shoulder at the same place Andrew Luck is. 16 months after surgery, still not throwing a football yet.

Buy that 97 and I'll throw in a box of .40 and a box of .45. You'll still have half of that $900 left. Your ammo stash grows. We all win.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom