The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Monday....home office all day and waiting for mulch to be delivered. I'm ready for the mulch to turn into stone...tired of the maintenance of mulch.

Sadly...did not make the range yesterday and won't today BUT....tomorrow is a trip to the Wizard!

88 mentioned training which reminds me a have a couple days of continuing ed to get completed.

(This morning's posters looks like my personal gun dealer page...)

Always a good time getting to see the Wizard! :yesway:

Also got signed up on a waiting list for an intermediate pistol class and signed up early for a defensive concepts class for the fall. Hope I can get into the intermediate pistol and very much looking forward to the DC class.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been getting the itch to learn the 1911 platform in much more depth lately. I'm fascinated by stuff like the how the link is supposed to function and whether or not the barrel should contact the bed. M1911.org has a lot of really good info on the design and operation of the 1911 platform.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I've been getting the itch to learn the 1911 platform in much more depth lately. I'm fascinated by stuff like the how the link is supposed to function and whether or not the barrel should contact the bed. M1911.org has a lot of really good info on the design and operation of the 1911 platform.

I am with you on that. My 1911's are just various factory iterations.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Monday....home office all day and waiting for mulch to be delivered. I'm ready for the mulch to turn into stone...tired of the maintenance of mulch.

Sadly...did not make the range yesterday and won't today BUT....tomorrow is a trip to the Wizard!

88 mentioned training which reminds me a have a couple days of continuing ed to get completed.

(This morning's posters looks like my personal gun dealer page...)

I need to get some mulch delivered too. We have stone all around the house but mulch around the trees and other areas.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Not sure what optic to get for a .300 blackout pistol. Any recommendations?

My next project is a 300 blackout pistol and it will get a Vortex Strike Eagle 1x6 that is getting replaced on an AR by a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8...really like the Strike Eagel scope for the money. Alan at AA Optics is first rate if you don't know him.

My second choice is an Aimpoint T-1. Drastically different sizes...but those are my two options.

Mulch - the delivery charge was cheap enough that, being self employed, didn't make any sense to go get it. I am slowly getting to the point that if Amazon doesn't sell or they don't delivery it, I might not need it (firearms, ammo and accessories excluded).

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    My next project is a 300 blackout pistol and it will get a Vortex Strike Eagle 1x6 that is getting replaced on an AR by a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8...really like the Strike Eagel scope for the money. Alan at AA Optics is first rate if you don't know him.

My second choice is an Aimpoint T-1. Drastically different sizes...but those are my two options.

Mulch - the delivery charge was cheap enough that, being self employed, didn't make any sense to go get it. I am slowly getting to the point that if Amazon doesn't sell or they don't delivery it, I might not need it (firearms, ammo and accessories excluded).

I usually get a small mountain of mulch so have it delivered. Otherwise I would be making too many trips to think about.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning Mr. Wizard!

Not sure what optic to get for a .300 blackout pistol. Any recommendations?

I'm running an Eotech 512 on mine. Works well for inside the house but it really sucked when shooting in the snow last month. It's an HD weapon, so I'm Ok with the snow issue but was really surprised at how hard it was to see the pipper against the snow.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    This past weekend I got my first good look at the back yard in a few years. I know it sound strange, but I was letting my teenager mow and take care of the yard. The only time I have spent in the back yard the past few years is at the grill. Well I found out this weekend just how bad a job he was doing. I knew that he wasn't doing a good job, but I didn't know just how bad it was till this weekend. Last fall I had enough and after an argument with the kid I told him I was going to take over the yard just so I wouldn't have to hear the complaining (from both of us, him about having to do the work, me about how bad it was being done). The wife wasn't happy with me at the time.

I go out to pick up the fallen branches and sticks. After getting the stuff from the middle of the yard and tossing it in the brush pile, I notice that it is like I am stepping on mulch from the trees in the yard back to the fence. We fenced off around half of the back yard for the puppies to run around in. I get out the rake and rake the fenced in part of the back yard. I have mostly dirt from the trees in the middle of the yard back to the fence. I now get the fun of figuring out how to fix this.

First up, I think a soil test to see if I need to lime the back yard. Then go from there.

That was my Sunday.

Saturday I did pick up a new gun from an INGO member.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Little far for me. How come all the cool s&^# happens in Central and Southern Indiana?

EDIT: after scrolling through the thread - I might be a maybe if I'm not coaching a high powered coaches pitch baseball game.

That is a bit far for you. I have been to a few of these and they are just a great time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom