The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    My load-out !
    I don't have anything exotic or custom .... like many of you do .... but I have fun with what I do have. Figured that (5) handguns, and (1) rifle would be appropriate for the SGE.
    As of now, it's all packed and ready to load in the truck in the morning.

i-5QxkRB9-L.jpg

Churchmouse taught me that modern 'thumbs-forward' grip at the Fall shoot, and I've been practicing with that, and also working on my stance. I used to be a pretty good shot, but let my skills slip in recent times. But, I believe that you can teach an old dog new tricks, and I recently purchased a membership at Point Blank Range (1/2 price for veterans !).
    The one thing that I can't change is my poor aging vision..... but ya just have to work with what ya got !

ChrisK ..... thanks for bringing bottled water. That's very generous of you. As my grandma used to say: "water, the BEST drink". And like most grandmas, she was correct.

My wife started baking after she worked today. She's made (3) dozen fancy cookies, and a big batch of iced brownies for me to bring. So, if you need to up your energy level, we're ready with some major sugar boost ! ;)

As I promised packindy, I found a 8' X 12' pop-up shelter in the basement. It might not be useful if the winds are 15 to 20 mph, as they're predicting. But, I'll be bringing it, and a small tarp.

PLEASE, everyone ..... do an anti-snow dance tonight. I reloaded the sand bags that I'd taken out of my ancient truck last week. It's a small 2-wheel drive truck, and handles horribly in snow or ice. Like all of you (especially our host, I'm sure), I've worked hard to prepare for this. I'll risk most everything to come ..... except for certain death ! :):

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm packed and ready to go. I'm bringing the 99021, high polish 75B, 'Bill' the .40 75B and the 40P. All are fully Cajunized except for the trigger in the high polish 75B. Also coming along are the two P10Cs, my CZ 1911A1, a Glock 30sf with a pinnacle trigger, the Ruger Redhawk in 44mag, the 300BO AR suppressed pistol and a Finnish capture Mosin Nagant. That last one is my favorite to shoot in the snow.

I'm also bringing 20 pair of hand warmers to keep all of our digits thawed. My wife does not bake, but I did grab some extra cookies for when we burn through all of the homemade cookies MM is bringing. Can't wait to try those.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Also, bringing 200 rounds of .45, 100 rounds of .40, 450 rounds of 9mm, 60 rounds of 7.62x54, 50 rounds of 44 mag and a couple of boxes of 300BO.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I have a bundt cake and some redskin tater salad. 2 AR15's, 1 Suppressed AR10, 3 preB 75's, 2 Rami's (9mm and .40. Hope i remembered the .40 cal ammo.) And a CZ 1911-A1. Couple of pew-pew .22's. Including a DruLov free pistol with a 4x scope.

And a Sig P228.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'm loaded light this trip. My CZ 75 compact, CCO and my Canik just cause I like shooting it ;)
    Same here... 3 CZ pistols in 9mm, a tarp, probably a table, and I'm debating as I type this about bringing the 66-8 2.75" revolver (because MM cannot be the only one to bring a wheel gun, that's all I've got to say about that). Also doing the "please don't snow until later in the afternoon" dance. This screw I have in my foot from an old basketball injury likes to throb when I'm on cold ground for too long.

Been looking forward to this for ages it seems, really looking forward to finally meeting a lot of you in person!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Same here... 3 CZ pistols in 9mm, a tarp, probably a table, and I'm debating as I type this about bringing the 66-8 2.75" revolver (because MM cannot be the only one to bring a wheel gun, that's all I've got to say about that). Also doing the "please don't snow until later in the afternoon" dance. This screw I have in my foot from an old basketball injury likes to throb when I'm on cold ground for too long.

Been looking forward to this for ages it seems, really looking forward to finally meeting a lot of you in person!

It will be fun. It id supposed to start snowing in the morning. The roll in will be OK. The roll out might get intense.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sounds like a good time fellas. I have to ask as I'm new to checking out this thread (primarily a lurker since I'm not in the CZ camp), what does SGE stand for?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom