The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee: :coffee:

Needed a second cup this morning. I had a chance to fondle a CZ P01 Omega that's suppressor ready yesterday. Quite the interesting little pistol. It was in urban gray, which actually looked good on that one. As nice as it was, I found zero temptation right now. I need to clear the family of the unloved stuff before I can even think of adding more.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Needed a second cup this morning. I had a chance to fondle a CZ P01 Omega that's suppressor ready yesterday. Quite the interesting little pistol. It was in urban gray, which actually looked good on that one. As nice as it was, I found zero temptation right now. I need to clear the family of the unloved stuff before I can even think of adding more.

Having all of my secure gun space at max capacity I am finding it easy to not be tempted.
    I have the slides back to finish the 2 stainless legacy pieces. An afternoon on the bench should put them completed as to mechanical. Wendel (Indy Laser) will get them at the 1500 to engrave the names on them. Run them hard at the SGE and then final tune. Done.
    My 10 Custom has been ran. It is in the final stages at AllenM shop. I got to fondle it yesterday and dayuuuum. It should be in color and back home by Saturday.
    With all of this activity so far this year I am fairly pleased.

Now, those new Springer 10mm offerings.........:):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd feel better about being at capacity if all of it was top end like your stuff CM. I've got some weak spots in the collection that really should find new homes. Two of the pre-Bs don't get shot and should move. The one transitional pre-B is the keeper though, but it still needs Cajunization completed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'd feel better about being at capacity if all of it was top end like your stuff CM. I've got some weak spots in the collection that really should find new homes. Two of the pre-Bs don't get shot and should move. The one transitional pre-B is the keeper though, but it still needs Cajunization completed.

It has been a long and somewhat spendy road to get here.
    But being a bit looser with letting some go here and there has actually helped.
    Reality is that we will never be fully at piece. There will always be that next...OMG...piece along the path but having raised the bar on my expectations every piece I see is through eyes that see what could be not what is.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield

My friend has one of those. It is a nice little piece.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I finally got around to trying a P07 and a CZ75 at Orion Arms last night. I have been hoping to swap my XDM out for a double stack hammer fired gun, but these darn things don't really fit my tiny baby hands. The slider release and de-cocker were not easy for me to get to. :(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK. Both stainless slides are in hand for the last 2 legacy pieces.

Before....
    DOlOcfg.jpg

After......Flat topped, serrations, ball cut the length of the slide.
    KI0q9Bz.jpg

Relief cut on the bottom of the slide. No more role marks.
    0OXmsGW.jpg

The angle cut under the fireng pin port is to let the slide glide over the disconnector. It is a wonderful mod.
    Ruz93jc.jpg

This is the SR1911 and a better shot of the ball cut. Removing the gaudy roll marks is a serious upgrade.
    Ct6vM4y.jpg

The Ruger.
    PuYXlFC.jpg

The top of the Springer slide.....
    QApJP3q.jpg

The SA Loaded. All that remains is getting the names engraved on the side of the dust covers. That will happen at the 1500 this weekend.
    AeeUZF9.jpg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Very nice work. However, I'm wondering why you didn't undercut the trigger guard on the Ruger. That's the one thing I would like to do to mine now that the barrel has been upgraded.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Very nice work. However, I'm wondering why you didn't undercut the trigger guard on the Ruger. That's the one thing I would like to do to mine now that the barrel has been upgraded.

These are 2 of 4 pieces I am building as legacy for my kids. And my SIL. Once I get the names engraves I am done. I have built all 4 of these in a very short period of time at serious expense. All the internals have been up-graded and the SA has a Kart barrel fit up in it.

My oldest son gets the Ruger. He will never even know the difference.

If I was keeping it I might have done that.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Very nice work churchmouse. :wow:

I got visitation rights today to my old P-01 that my niece had bought from me. Shot it a couple of times at the range and man it was super accurate. Man do I wish I'd never let that one go... :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom