The Czickness XI: Fulcrum Trigger Blues.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I run 147g HSTs in my SP01 and P01. The 75 platform can be a bit ammo sensitive and I have no issues with the 147g HSTs. Like BA says, the P07/P09 platform is not known for being ammo sensitive, so they'd probably be fine.

Hmm, I haven't experienced ammo sensitivity. Other than me running really light springs.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The main issue I have with ammo sensitivity in the 75s happens when I run lead hand loads. I've run into several instances where a batch of lead bullet reloads will not work at all in a CZ, yet run fine in other pistols. I have a batch of 147g lead reloads right now that will only run in my Sig P938. I don't think I've tried those in the P07 though. In the P07, they jam into the lands upon chambering tight enough that it keeps the gun out of battery and is a real PITA to clear the gun when it happens. I've had no issues with commercial ammo.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The main issue I have with ammo sensitivity in the 75s happens when I run lead hand loads. I've run into several instances where a batch of lead bullet reloads will not work at all in a CZ, yet run fine in other pistols. I have a batch of 147g lead reloads right now that will only run in my Sig P938. I don't think I've tried those in the P07 though. In the P07, they jam into the lands upon chambering tight enough that it keeps the gun out of battery and is a real PITA to clear the gun when it happens. I've had no issues with commercial ammo.

Now that you mention it I have to correct my statement. I haven't experienced ammo sensitivity when using any factory loaded ammo. I have had quite a few issues with reloads.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think the chambers tend to be a bit shorter than some other guns have. The only other sensitivity I've seen is in the .40s, the guns like a smaller profile bullet better than a broad profile bullet.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Anyone have experience shooting Federal HST 124gr through their CZ P09? Budget is a bit tight, bought a couple boxes and going to shoot a few through to make sure we're good to go, but can't afford to sling 100 rounds of it down a lane atm. Just want to make sure there's no feeding issues with it.

Thats what I have in my carry P-07...good to go.. 147's in my HD P-09...great round...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I ordered a flat MSH for the A2 last night. That, a set of Pierce finger groove grips and night sights will complete that gun. Oh, and maybe a set of VZ grips for EDC. I'd hate to screw those nice walnut grips up with the bump and grind of carry.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom