SW side of Indy

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Where are you going to shoot the AR? I've shot mine at PointBlank, but really like shooting at Atterbury more. But, shooting at PointBlank is still a lot of fun.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Point Blank. When I was there on Friday before heading to the 1500, my buddy's uncle had his AK47 and let us shoot it. It was a lot of fun. Then, at the 1500 and ever since, my buddy who is newly into guns has been going on and on about building an AR. Finally couldn't take it any more and took the old girl out of the safe to clean her up. Just loaded up 4 mags with PMC bronze, with another 6 boxes in the bag "just in case"...lol!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Can someone explain to me the influx of ads in the classifieds with the "I'm selling this for a buddy" crap? Isn't that against the rules? Or if not, shouldn't it be?

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Forgot to mention my bad experience from yesterday. While I was at Walmart the other day, I picked up a can of Breakfree Powder Blast. Thought I would give it a try to see if it does a better job of cleaning than what I'd been using. Sprayed some in my disassembled CCO parts and started cleaning. Did not like the way it cleaned. Stuff gummed up and it also caused a white residue (even though the can says that it doesn't). Noticed some of the spray ran onto the outside of the slide, so I used a rag to wipe it off and failed. WTF? Decided to use a little bit of Ballistol on the rag to wipe it down and the overspray still didn't come off. Decided to check in over at the 1911 addicts forum where I found out that I had permanently damaged the Duty Coat on my gun :(

I am very thankful that this was on my carry gun. At least now I'm not worried about holster wear, scratches, etc. Down side is that if I want it to look good ever again, I'll have to have it refinished. Yay... :n00b:

So sorry to hear this. Did you run out of the DW stuff?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So sorry to hear this. Did you run out of the DW stuff?

Nope, have plenty thanks :)

Used the protector to try to clean up the mess, but by then it was already too late.

Just got this back from Allen and had to share.
    View attachment 46198
    Definitely not stock. She runs like a sewing machine.

I'm starting to think I made a mistake buying the Tactical version with the decocker. I'm thinking I might sell it (the gun and 2 mags that came with it, keeping the 3 extras and holster) and buy a safety version. If I did that, I'm assuming I could have the Shadow version of the safety added to it, right? I love the ledge there for us 1911 guys to ride the safety on... :D

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    I'm starting to think I made a mistake buying the Tactical version with the decocker. I'm thinking I might sell it (the gun and 2 mags that came with it, keeping the 3 extras and holster) and buy a safety version. If I did that, I'm assuming I could have the Shadow version of the safety added to it, right? I love the ledge there for us 1911 guys to ride the safety on... :D[/QUOTE]

Yes you can basically convert it to Shadow specs. Safeties are nice but get the 85 combat trigger as well, S.S guide rod, upgrade your recoil and strut spring. and upgrade you sites and competition hammer. Yeah just rebuild it. LOL. I like to tinker!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom