THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Reece'sPieces

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2023
    Indy
    Man a P-07 was my next serious consideration.... I need to lay off for the year but this is quite the deal with the CGW parts... Then I already have extra mags from owning a P10C.... I wanted to see if they release an OR version of the P-07 but then this pops up on the thread, this feels like one giant trap.... Are you guys watching me? :scratch:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Man a P-07 was my next serious consideration.... I need to lay off for the year but this is quite the deal with the CGW parts... Then I already have extra mags from owning a P10C.... I wanted to see if they release an OR version of the P-07 but then this pops up on the thread, this feels like one giant trap.... Are you guys watching me? :scratch:
    Optics are stupid. Might as well get this one LOL

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

I think the OD green version was discontinued this year so now may be the time to jump.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Watching? Dunno.
    Enabling? No question.
    Do it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Pretty sure only the older Duty model has mag compatibility with the P10 series. Not sure if this is a Duty model or not.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My C2 will be on the way to it’s new owner on Monday.
    Delivered straight to the dog house?

tenor.gif

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Bought this old 1911 Black Army some years back. I had a thick set of 1911 stag grips I bought from Ebay sitting in a box waiting for the right gun. A few new parts got it spitting again and I put it in the safe. Had it out recently and wasn't satisfied with it so I bought a new recoil spring and a Chip McCormick 8 round mag for it. Was out shooting it today, much better.

It was not US Property marked although it has a military inspection stamp. I thought those markings were ground off but a micrometer reading on both sides of the frame proved identical. A Colt collector told me that during the run of the Black Army pistols in 1918 some got out without the US stamp and while uncommon, it was not unheard of. Colt just cranking them out as fast as they could and missing a few. The nickel plating is old, and you can see the Black Army metal finish in the steel.

This 1911 has always fit my hands well, I think the long trigger and thick grips help. Old and heavy it has that solid sensation while shooting, I can almost hear that powerful, baroque music from the movie Witness playing.

blackarmy.jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Bought this old 1911 Black Army some years back. I had a thick set of 1911 stag grips I bought from Ebay sitting in a box waiting for the right gun. A few new parts got it spitting again and I put it in the safe. Had it out recently and wasn't satisfied with it so I bought a new recoil spring and a Chip McCormick 8 round mag for it. Was out shooting it today, much better.

It was not US Property marked although it has a military inspection stamp. I thought those markings were ground off but a micrometer reading on both sides of the frame proved identical. A Colt collector told me that during the run of the Black Army pistols in 1918 some got out without the US stamp and while uncommon, it was not unheard of. Colt just cranking them out as fast as they could and missing a few. The nickel plating is old, and you can see the Black Army metal finish in the steel.

This 1911 has always fit my hands well, I think the long trigger and thick grips help. Old and heavy it has that solid sensation while shooting, I can almost hear that powerful, baroque music from the movie Witness playing.

View attachment 305386
    That's a nice one, you should send it off and get that nickel stripped off, it's actually pretty cheap, and get a new black matte finish put on it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom