The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Time to build a robot girlfriend.
    I was on the wait list but now they come standard with AI.

WTH? I already have one with a mind of her own.

She is probably on the waitlist now for a robot boyfriend now that she can get one with a mind capable of thought.

I think my days are numbered.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Skinflint daily log. Today I made a tool and it only cost me a roll pin, an old Dawson aluminum sight tool, and 10 minutes of my time.

1911 firing pin stop removal tool. Pushes firing pin in, so you can slide the stop plate down. All of my plates are oversized and fit tight, so a tool is needed and punches aren't perfect for removing a tight plate. This works better and can also depress the firing pin when going back together.

20231204_152927.jpg
    20231204_153018.jpg
    20231204_153142.jpg
    20231204_153337.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Skinflint daily log. Today I made a tool and it only cost me a roll pin, an old Dawson aluminum sight tool, and 10 minutes of my time.

1911 firing pin stop removal tool. Pushes firing pin in, so you can slide the stop plate down. All of my plates are oversized and fit tight, so a tool is needed and punches aren't perfect for removing a tight plate. This works better and can also depress the firing pin when going back together.

View attachment 316630
    View attachment 316638
    View attachment 316640
    View attachment 316641
    Well that is slicker than a county road in February.

You never cease to impress me.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/gaming-computer-setup.540480/. Here is one posted in the classifieds. WT can tell you if it’s a good deal or not.

Without researching that seems a bit spendy and the video card in it is old.

A good solid build that would do fine would cost $1k or so and that would be with middle of the road stuff. Good for upgrading over time and things like that, but it would be another $500 or so for higher end parts and performance. The one at the link isn't horrible, but would need at minimum a $300 - $350 video card update. More if he wants higher performance. After that you're shelling out for a used system about what you would need to build a solid system brand new anyway.

Otherwise, research gaming PC's and see what it would be to buy one fully loaded and ready to go, preferably with room to upgrade down the line and with a warranty.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Just to let you all know what I deal with around here....

Sent those picture to my wife. Asked her what was in it for me. She said "Whatever you make yourself".

Sigh.....
    Well… time to make yourself a 2011!

And the easiest and arguably best way to make a gun is to fashion it out of a stack of cash money. Guaranteed to be better than the one John Dillinger fashioned out of wood. :thumbsup:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    268   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm planning on being at FNS. I registered on squad 4 I believe. Should be interesting as I think I'm going to shoot the Echelon. Up until now the 2 I've attended I shot my tx-22 compact with the holosun on it.

I don't have much time on the Echelon and the dot I put on it.
    I'm with you in Squad 4. I'll be using the Staccato C2.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm with you in Squad 4. I'll be using the Staccato C2.
    Cool. I like shooting the tx-22 compact at FNS (on all of the previous 2 times I've attended) but honestly have trouble at times hearing whether the 22 is hitting the steel when other groups are shooting at the next station even with amplified ears. Hoping the 9 is a little more definitive.

My inner skinflint likes that it's cheap shooting too.

I've only had the Echelon out a couple of times and just got some additional mags delivered which I have not tested yet. So they will get tested at FNS.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Morning wt. Got home this morning late from a gas leak….tis the season. Seems we have another great boring contractor in the Canada region. Bullseye Directional Boring….guaranteed to hit gas mains and services. These guys don’t pothole (which is state law). They seem to know where there bore machine head is…. because the customer doesn’t have gas and the yard smells. I’ve been to 2 hits in the last 7 days with these morons. I think their Dept of Homeland Security fine is up to $25k…. Time for the magnets to cover “Bullseye” and put “No Heat for You” Directional Boring Inc.
    :spend: :spend: :spend: :whistle:waaawaaa2:spend::spend:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom