THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    That is fair. Earlier today I could recall the year and exact color of a guys Corvette but wasn't quite sure of his name.
    Back in high school, i was at a party, and got invited to go running around with the older cooler guys. We were riding around, drinking beer and he asks me to drive because he new my car was a stick also.
    ‘71 Cyclone Spoiler, 429SCJ with a 4sp. I couldn’t name anyone in that car, but I’ll never forget that night.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Back in high school, i was at a party, and got invited to go running around with the older cooler guys. We were riding around, drinking beer and he asks me to drive because he new my car was a stick also.
    ‘71 Cyclone Spoiler, 429SCJ with a 4sp. I couldn’t name anyone in that car, but I’ll never forget that night.
    What an experience. What a car! Don't see those around EVER!

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Evening CZicko's
    Here we have 2-75D's, both have the Pro kit with an exception to the triggers. The one on top is one of mine and has the 85 trigger. The lower one I just finished for another Ingoer and he chose the newer flat DA/SA CGW trigger. I like it and might have to get a few of them.
    View attachment 265281View attachment 265282
    Glad to hear because my “flat” trigger for the 97 arrived today.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Evening CZicko's
    Here we have 2-75D's, both have the Pro kit with an exception to the triggers. The one on top is one of mine and has the 85 trigger. The lower one I just finished for another Ingoer and he chose the newer flat DA/SA CGW trigger. I like it and might have to get a few of them.
    View attachment 265281View attachment 265282
    Huh....that is very interesting!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If I can stay in the lift, I am fine. If I have to walk a catwalk or a roof - I am out.
    I'm the opposite. Give me a catwalk, and I'll cope. Put me in a boom lift, and I struggle.

Decades ago, when I was a pup aircraft mechanic, I went to work for the Navy doing overhauls on P3 Orions at Alameda. My first night on the job, we were assigned to various crews. One crew was the fuel tank crew. I was convinced that I was claustrophobic and was praying to be on anything other than the fuel tank crew. Sure enough, though, I was assigned to the fuel tanks. I looked at the entrance to the tank and figured I had to either go in or go home. So, I climbed into the tank and started to work my way through the ribs towards the wing tip. The ribs were set up in a way that the crawl through hole alternated front to back with rib spacing about 18 to 24 inches, with maybe 30 inches of height inboard dropping to about 24 inched further out.

After a bit, I realized that I was not only not claustrophobic but that I enjoyed tight spaces. Then, years later, a similar experience happened on a rainy, windy night outside of a hangar in San Francisco, but with heights this time. I had the job of replacing a static wick on the top of a 747 rudder from a boom lift. I was convinced that I was afraid of heights. I got the job done but confirmed that I am indeed afraid of heights. My boom lift days are well behind me, fortunately.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    In all fairness, they only made the Camaro one year. 1969. The rest are clones or prototypes. ;-)

ae47e80cea6ffaa68f738068e188c088.jpg
    I would give my left or right nut and a kidney for that one.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I'm the opposite. Give me a catwalk, and I'll cope. Put me in a boom lift, and I struggle.

Decades ago, when I was a pup aircraft mechanic, I went to work for the Navy doing overhauls on P3 Orions at Alameda. My first night on the job, we were assigned to various crews. One crew was the fuel tank crew. I was convinced that I was claustrophobic and was praying to be on anything other than the fuel tank crew. Sure enough, though, I was assigned to the fuel tanks. I looked at the entrance to the tank and figured I had to either go in or go home. So, I climbed into the tank and started to work my way through the ribs towards the wing tip. The ribs were set up in a way that the crawl through hole alternated front to back with rib spacing about 18 to 24 inches, with maybe 30 inches of height inboard dropping to about 24 inched further out.

After a bit, I realized that I was not only not claustrophobic but that I enjoyed tight spaces. Then, years later, a similar experience happened on a rainy, windy night outside of a hangar in San Francisco, but with heights this time. I had the job of replacing a static wick on the top of a 747 rudder from a boom lift. I was convinced that I was afraid of heights. I got the job done but confirmed that I am indeed afraid of heights. My boom lift days are well behind me, fortunately.
    I’ve never been a fan of heights. When I went to pole climbing school, it was like you said, do it or go home. I sucked it up, never liked it though.
    Put me in a a bucket truck or a lift and I’m fine. I need my feet on something solid.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    A buddy sent that to me from the Book of Faces today.
    I had been down at Atterbury shooting with a buddy. We were in my 66 Satellite convertible, with the top down. The back seat is full of rifles.
    When I headed north on US31 from 252, I opened it up. Nothing like hearing the tires bark between the gears. We were just coasting back down to the 55 mph speed limit when I saw that Crown Vic cresting the hill in front of us.
    I pulled over before he did the 180 in the median.
    As he walked up to the car, top down, back seat full of rifles, he asks me, “You got permits for those rifles?” It went down hill from there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom